Hellsing English Version Back in Production!

  • demon_rin2
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 2, 2010
      FUNimation announced today at Anime Expo and on their Twitter that Hellsing V-VII were coming.
      http://twitter.com/funimation/status/17599470370

      This is excellent news, but at the same time I'm cautious. Will the original cast be coming back? Does Crispin know anything yet? Have they asked him back?

      I know he's recently worked with FUNimation on the new Slayers, does that mean he's comfortable working with FUNimation? Will they outsource the dubbing work to New Gen Pictures again?

      So many Questions, but the one I really want to know is: Is Crispin Coming Back?!

      I mean, When last we left Alucard in OVA IV, he was out in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean... I have the Japanese DVDs and Blu-rays of OVAs V-VII... Between OVAs V and VI, Alucard has a total of 2-3 short scenes and that's it... and OVA VII is entirely Seras and Pip centric, Alucard never says a word in it. Would he come back to do just a few lines? (Before OVA VIII, then Alucard comes back to the main plot)
    • ssagan1
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 5, 2010
        And again we get to wonder, just how much of Crispin;s real self is he putting into his character?  :D

        And, to paraphrase Crispin, Is he enjoying his role jusr a little bit to much?

      • John
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 15, 2010
          Part of me wonders that given how busy his summer seems to have been so far IF HE HASN'T STARTED WORK ALREADY. It isn't like he can say anything given their likely to rip his toenails off or some other form of torture should he ever talk. I remember some interview that made me laugh where he said they made it feel like they were going to take his first born child.

          WONDER IF HE WASN'T JOKING. O__O;;

          --- In crispin_freeman_fansite@yahoogroups.com, "demon_rin2" <demonrin@...> wrote:

          > FUNimation announced today at Anime Expo and on their Twitter that Hellsing V-VII were coming.
          > http://twitter.com/funimation/status/17599470370
          >
          > This is excellent news, but at the same time I'm cautious. Will the original cast be coming back? Does Crispin know anything yet? Have they asked him back?
          >
          > I know he's recently worked with FUNimation on the new Slayers, does that mean he's comfortable working with FUNimation? Will they outsource the dubbing work to New Gen Pictures again?
          >
          > So many Questions, but the one I really want to know is: Is Crispin Coming Back?!
          >
          > I mean, When last we left Alucard in OVA IV, he was out in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean... I have the Japanese DVDs and Blu-rays of OVAs V-VII... Between OVAs V and VI, Alucard has a total of 2-3 short scenes and that's it... and OVA VII is entirely Seras and Pip centric, Alucard never says a word in it. Would he come back to do just a few lines? (Before OVA VIII, then Alucard comes back to the main plot)

        • PJ Olson
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 15, 2010
            lol....

            I do hope that they bring the entire cast back and keep all of them from start
            to finish.  We petitioned for this a long while back, remember? ;-)

            And as to Crispin being busy, that "800-pound gorilla" he's working on - the
            Neon Genesis Evangelion anime class - will more than occupy one's time :-)

            I am crossing my fingers along with everyone else that they hear the clamor
            behind those petitions.  Hellsing will never be the same without its entire
            cast.

            PJ

            ________________________________

            wrote:

            > FUNimation announced today at Anime Expo and on their Twitter that Hellsing
            >V-VII were coming.
            > http://twitter.com/funimation/status/17599470370
            >
            > This is excellent news, but at the same time I'm cautious. Will the original
            >cast be coming back? Does Crispin know anything yet? Have they asked him back?
            >
            > I know he's recently worked with FUNimation on the new Slayers, does that mean
            >he's comfortable working with FUNimation? Will they outsource the dubbing work
            >to New Gen Pictures again?
            >
            > So many Questions, but the one I really want to know is: Is Crispin Coming
            >Back?!
            >
            > I mean, When last we left Alucard in OVA IV, he was out in the middle of the
            >Atlantic Ocean... I have the Japanese DVDs and Blu-rays of OVAs V-VII... Between
            >OVAs V and VI, Alucard has a total of 2-3 short scenes and that's it... and OVA
            >VII is entirely Seras and Pip centric, Alucard never says a word in it. Would he
            >come back to do just a few lines? (Before OVA VIII, then Alucard comes back to
            >the main plot)

          • alucard8608
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 16, 2010
              Jeebus, I didn't get the memo I'm a month late! XD Finally OVA 5-7 will be dubbed. I hope they keep the Cast. If they use a differen't cast I'ma gonna flip and stick with the Japanese Dub. Besides Joji Nakata is good as well being Alucard :3

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 10 1:19 PM
                For everyone's information, I have heard nothing official yet. I
                imagine they would want the original cast back, but I have not been
                scheduled to record anything yet.

                I imagine that Funimation will want to announce things before they
                allow us to say anything.
                Voice Actor / Director
                fanmail@...
                http://www.crispinfreeman.com

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 10 1:20 PM
                  Is it possible for an actor to enjoy his role too much? ;)

                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 10 1:33 PM
                    It's true, they will come down on me like a ton of bricks if I reveal
                    things. Everything has gotten so secretive nowadays.

                    But I honestly don't know anything right now.

                    On Jul 15, 2010, at 12:42 AM, John wrote:

                    > Part of me wonders that given how busy his summer seems to have been
                    > so far IF HE HASN'T STARTED WORK ALREADY. It isn't like he can say
                    > anything given their likely to rip his toenails off or some other
                    > form of torture should he ever talk. I remember some interview that
                    > made me laugh where he said they made it feel like they were going
                    > to take his first born child.
                    >
                    > WONDER IF HE WASN'T JOKING. O__O;;
                    >
                    > --- In crispin_freeman_fansite@yahoogroups.com, "demon_rin2"
                    > <demonrin@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > FUNimation announced today at Anime Expo and on their Twitter that
                    > Hellsing V-VII were coming.
                    > > http://twitter.com/funimation/status/17599470370
                    > >
                    > > This is excellent news, but at the same time I'm cautious. Will
                    > the original cast be coming back? Does Crispin know anything yet?
                    > Have they asked him back?
                    > >
                    > > I know he's recently worked with FUNimation on the new Slayers,
                    > does that mean he's comfortable working with FUNimation? Will they
                    > outsource the dubbing work to New Gen Pictures again?
                    > >
                    > > So many Questions, but the one I really want to know is: Is
                    > Crispin Coming Back?!
                    > >
                    > > I mean, When last we left Alucard in OVA IV, he was out in the
                    > middle of the Atlantic Ocean... I have the Japanese DVDs and Blu-
                    > rays of OVAs V-VII... Between OVAs V and VI, Alucard has a total of
                    > 2-3 short scenes and that's it... and OVA VII is entirely Seras and
                    > Pip centric, Alucard never says a word in it. Would he come back to
                    > do just a few lines? (Before OVA VIII, then Alucard comes back to
                    > the main plot)

                  • rsjastro
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 11 8:57 PM
                      I tried contacting FUNimation about the Hellsing dub (via their Facebook page), but all I got back was that it is too early to say for sure yet. Oh well. I guess we just have to wait and see like always.

                      Dave-dono