Inquiry of sorts.

  • Forrest
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2009
      I am thoroughly pleased with the voice acting that has been acheived as of late by you (Crispin Freeman). Uchiha Itachi and Alucard happen to be two diverse characters that I admire, and it does take talent to incorperate your own personality into their own. As a freelance writer, I attempt to understand the characters I write about. Would you kindly explain how you have developed the personalities of said characters, to possibly reflect your take on the series they are involved in?

      Regards,
      SVA
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2009
        I view each character as a mask that I'm wearing and I do my best to
        fill that mask with as much of myself as possible. It is the
        interaction between my personal experiences and the form of the
        character that create the final product in my opinion.

        In other words, I do my best to play pretend as the character.

        I try to find their over-arcing agenda and then I do my best to play
        what they want in the moment of each scene.

        Hopefully that helps.
        Voice Actor / Director
        fanmail@...
        http://www.crispinfreeman.com