Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re; "The State Line Mob" on Buford Pusser International

Expand Messages
  • Mike
    Mr editor, lets go just a bit further with your explanation of what the State line Mob really was just so that your readers will better understand what
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 25 11:09 AM

      Mr editor, lets go just a bit further with your explanation of what the "State line Mob" really was just so that your readers will better understand what Sheriff Pusser was really up against..  You are correct when you say it had nothing to do with the real Mafia.  The fact is that W.R. Morris coined the name "State Line Mob" for one of his books.  There were no real ties to any organized crime family either in Detroit or Chicago as some would have people believe and certainly no ties to any of the  New York families have ever been made.   "The State Line Mob" as Morris called them was simply a couple of establishments at the Mississippi / Tennessee border where  Morris embellished certain events in order to make Sheriff Pusser appear to be a bigger crime fighter than he ever really was.

      The facts show that The Plantation Club, on the Mississippi side of the state line in Alcorn County , was closed down by its owner W.O. Hathcock before Pusser even became sheriff of neighboring McNairy County.  This left basically the Shamrock Motel and the White Iris on the Tennessee side of the border for Pusser to deal with.

      The Shamrock Motel was operated by Louise Hathcock while the White Iris was run by her lover Carl Douglas "Towhead" White ran the White Iris.  Many try to include W.O. Hathcock as part of the alleged "State Line Mob" but has already been stated  his club was closed when Pusser took office.   W.O. Hathcock did take over the Shamrock after Louise Hathcock's death and while Towhead White was in prison but records show that Sheriff Pusser had no alcohol, gambling or prostitution  problems from W.O. Hathcock  while he operated the restaurant and motel.

      So there you have it.  The state line mob was basically two individuals... Louise Hathcock and Towhead White who were known to sell bootleg Whiskey and operate what the FBI called "the razzle game" at the cash registers of their establishments.

      The bottom line is that there was no "syndicate" that operated at the state line as was shown in "WALKING TALL" , the fictional version of Buford Pusser's story...., all of that was pure fantasy.   It was simply a couple of people selling bootleg booze and operating a scam game.   There were  no Casinos or big time prostitution rings going on at the state line according to  FBI reports.  If some one wanted a woman, one was brought up from Corinth over in Mississippi.

      While the state line has it's place in  history, it certainly isn't the place given it by the Movie"WALKING TALL" or the writings of W.R. Morris as both GREATLY embellished the truth. 

      Glad I could help mr editor.

      "The truth has no agenda",

      Mike



      FROM BUFORD PUSSER INTERNATIONAL:

      The State Line Mob had nothing in fact to with the Mafia as we know it, which was controlled by "The Commision" in New York. Likewise the Phenix City Mob (Phenix City, AL., was not connected to "The Mob". As a matter of facr, Chicago mobsters trying to take over Phenix City were found floating in the Chattahoochie river, the border with Columbus, Ga. Phenix City was obviously more organized and thereby more vicious than the State Line Mob, but the stateliners earned their moniker because of where they were and because they settled disputes with the same kind of "shoot first, ask questions later" type mentality.

      All of that says nothing about the Dixie Mafia, and the Gulf Coast Syndicate, aka Gold Coast Syndicate , which are themselves also totally separate from the organized Mafia

      THE EDITOR

    • LARRY MARTIN
      Mike,I married a girl from Leighton Alabama back in 1973.She lived about 5 miles from Dewitt Dawson.He was a member of the State line Mob.Several of her
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 25 12:22 PM
        Mike,I married a girl from Leighton Alabama back in 1973.She lived about 5 miles from Dewitt
        Dawson.He was a member of the State line Mob.Several of her cousins knew Dewitt well.Tohead White used to visit Dewitt a lot. These two would kill you in a flash. The part in walking tall 1,when they talked about the good ole boys from Alabama would take care of Buford.Well,That was Dewitt and his bunch.These guys were nuts. Me,My wife and mother-in-law and small son went to Buford`s house in 1974.He was a super nice guy. He may have done a lot of bad things,But i will just remember him from that meeting. Thanks,Larry Martin


        From: Mike <mikeelam2010@...>
        To: crimemyths@yahoogroups.com
        Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 1:09 PM
        Subject: [crimemyths] Re; "The State Line Mob" on Buford Pusser International

         
        Mr editor, lets go just a bit further with your explanation of what the "State line Mob" really was just so that your readers will better understand what Sheriff Pusser was really up against..  You are correct when you say it had nothing to do with the real Mafia.  The fact is that W.R. Morris coined the name "State Line Mob" for one of his books.  There were no real ties to any organized crime family either in Detroit or Chicago as some would have people believe and certainly no ties to any of the  New York families have ever been made.   "The State Line Mob" as Morris called them was simply a couple of establishments at the Mississippi / Tennessee border where  Morris embellished certain events in order to make Sheriff Pusser appear to be a bigger crime fighter than he ever really was.
        The facts show that The Plantation Club, on the Mississippi side of the state line in Alcorn County , was closed down by its owner W.O. Hathcock before Pusser even became sheriff of neighboring McNairy County.  This left basically the Shamrock Motel and the White Iris on the Tennessee side of the border for Pusser to deal with.
        The Shamrock Motel was operated by Louise Hathcock while the White Iris was run by her lover Carl Douglas "Towhead" White ran the White Iris.  Many try to include W.O. Hathcock as part of the alleged "State Line Mob" but has already been stated  his club was closed when Pusser took office.   W.O. Hathcock did take over the Shamrock after Louise Hathcock's death and while Towhead White was in prison but records show that Sheriff Pusser had no alcohol, gambling or prostitution  problems from W.O. Hathcock  while he operated the restaurant and motel.
        So there you have it.  The state line mob was basically two individuals... Louise Hathcock and Towhead White who were known to sell bootleg Whiskey and operate what the FBI called "the razzle game" at the cash registers of their establishments.
        The bottom line is that there was no "syndicate" that operated at the state line as was shown in "WALKING TALL" , the fictional version of Buford Pusser's story...., all of that was pure fantasy.   It was simply a couple of people selling bootleg booze and operating a scam game.   There were  no Casinos or big time prostitution rings going on at the state line according to  FBI reports.  If some one wanted a woman, one was brought up from Corinth over in Mississippi.
        While the state line has it's place in  history, it certainly isn't the place given it by the Movie"WALKING TALL" or the writings of W.R. Morris as both GREATLY embellished the truth. 
        Glad I could help mr editor.
        "The truth has no agenda",
        Mike


        FROM BUFORD PUSSER INTERNATIONAL:
        The State Line Mob had nothing in fact to with the Mafia as we know it, which was controlled by "The Commision" in New York. Likewise the Phenix City Mob (Phenix City, AL., was not connected to "The Mob". As a matter of facr, Chicago mobsters trying to take over Phenix City were found floating in the Chattahoochie river, the border with Columbus, Ga. Phenix City was obviously more organized and thereby more vicious than the State Line Mob, but the stateliners earned their moniker because of where they were and because they settled disputes with the same kind of "shoot first, ask questions later" type mentality.
        All of that says nothing about the Dixie Mafia, and the Gulf Coast Syndicate, aka Gold Coast Syndicate , which are themselves also totally separate from the organized Mafia
        THE EDITOR


      • Mike
        The Dawson are story by themselves. They made the State Line Mob look like a bunch of kindergartners. Dewitt turned his life around before he died. Before
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 25 12:40 PM
          The Dawson are story by themselves. They made the "State Line Mob" look like a bunch of kindergartners. Dewitt turned his life around before he died. Before that however, he as trouble with a capital T.

          Mike

          --- In crimemyths@yahoogroups.com, LARRY MARTIN <larryjmartin2003@...> wrote:
          >
          > Mike,I married a girl from Leighton Alabama back in 1973.She lived about 5 miles from Dewitt
          > Dawson.He was a member of the State line Mob.Several of her cousins knew Dewitt well.Tohead White used to visit Dewitt a lot. These two would kill you in a flash. The part in walking tall 1,when they talked about the good ole boys from Alabama would take care of Buford.Well,That was Dewitt and his bunch.These guys were nuts. Me,My wife and mother-in-law and small son went to Buford`s house in 1974.He was a super nice guy. He may have done a lot of bad things,But i will just remember him from that meeting. Thanks,Larry Martin
          >
          >
          >
          > ________________________________
          > From: Mike <mikeelam2010@...>
          > To: crimemyths@yahoogroups.com
          > Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 1:09 PM
          > Subject: [crimemyths] Re; "The State Line Mob" on Buford Pusser International
          >
          >
          >  
          > Mr editor, lets go just a bit further with your explanation of what the "State line Mob" really was just so that your readers will better understand what Sheriff Pusser was really up against..  You are correct when you say it had nothing to do with the real Mafia.  The fact is that W.R. Morris coined the name "State Line Mob" for one of his books.  There were no real ties to any organized crime family either in Detroit or Chicago as some would have people believe and certainly no ties to any of the  New York families have ever been made.   "The State Line Mob" as Morris called them was simply a couple of establishments at the Mississippi / Tennessee border where  Morris embellished certain events in order to make Sheriff Pusser appear to be a bigger crime fighter than he ever really was.
          > The facts show that The Plantation Club, on the Mississippi side of the state line in Alcorn County , was closed down by its owner W.O. Hathcock before Pusser even became sheriff of neighboring McNairy County.  This left basically the Shamrock Motel and the White Iris on the Tennessee side of the border for Pusser to deal with.
          > The Shamrock Motel was operated by Louise Hathcock while the White Iris was run by her lover Carl Douglas "Towhead" White ran the White Iris.  Many try to include W.O. Hathcock as part of the alleged "State Line Mob" but has already been stated  his club was closed when Pusser took office.   W.O. Hathcock did take over the Shamrock after Louise Hathcock's death and while Towhead White was in prison but records show that Sheriff Pusser had no alcohol, gambling or prostitution  problems from W.O. Hathcock  while he operated the restaurant and motel.
          > So there you have it.  The state line mob was basically two individuals... Louise Hathcock and Towhead White who were known to sell bootleg Whiskey and operate what the FBI called "the razzle game" at the cash registers of their establishments.
          >
          > The bottom line is that there was no "syndicate" that operated at the state line as was shown in "WALKING TALL" , the fictional version of Buford Pusser's story...., all of that was pure fantasy.   It was simply a couple of people selling bootleg booze and operating a scam game.   There were  no Casinos or big time prostitution rings going on at the state line according to  FBI reports.  If some one wanted a woman, one was brought up from Corinth over in Mississippi.
          > While the state line has it's place in  history, it certainly isn't the place given it by the Movie"WALKING TALL" or the writings of W.R. Morris as both GREATLY embellished the truth. 
          > Glad I could help mr editor.
          > "The truth has no agenda",
          > Mike
          >
          >
          >
          > FROM BUFORD PUSSER INTERNATIONAL:
          >
          > The State Line Mob had nothing
          > in fact to with the Mafia as we know it, which was controlled by "The
          > Commision" in New York. Likewise the Phenix City Mob (Phenix City, AL.,
          > was not connected to "The Mob". As a matter of facr, Chicago mobsters
          > trying to take over Phenix City were found floating in the Chattahoochie river, the border with Columbus, Ga. Phenix City was obviously more
          > organized and thereby more vicious than the State Line Mob, but the
          > stateliners earned their moniker because of where they were and because
          > they settled disputes with the same kind of "shoot first, ask questions
          > later" type mentality.
          > All of that says nothing about
          > the Dixie Mafia, and the Gulf Coast Syndicate, aka Gold Coast Syndicate , which are themselves also totally separate from the organized Mafia
          > THE EDITOR
          >
        • Jeff and Brandy Mullins
          I beg to differ to a certain degree. The area called the state line was frequented by Charles Rocky Rothschild during the 1950 s. Rothschild was a former
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 25 5:06 PM
            I beg to differ to a certain degree. The area called the state line was frequented by Charles "Rocky" Rothschild during the 1950's. Rothschild was a former police officer in Cairo, Illinois. He was noted as a professional thief and burglar who was eventually convicted of a murder that he committed In North Carolina. He was widely traveled across the southern portion part of the United States. Cairo is located in Alexander County which is situated as the most southern point of Illinois where the Mississippi River and Ohio River meet. At the time of Rothschild's criminal activity this area was part of territory run by Buster Workman out of East St. Louis. Workman was a Jewish Gangster that had ties to the Purple Gang out of Detroit. Also active in Cairo at the time was "Red " Doss whose wife Lavelle had brothers and a father in the Dixie Mafia.

            Junior Smith was the driver of a vehicle stopped in Mississippi by authorities. One of the passengers was William " Pappy" Head. Head. Head and another gentleman in the vehicle were convicted possession of criminal tools. Head had a criminal record that stretched back the 1940's, he was a member of the Dixie Mafia. Head was killed by a Virginia jewelry store owner and his employees during a botched robbery attempt in the early 1990's. Shall I go on?

            --- In crimemyths@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mikeelam2010@...> wrote:
            >
            >
            > Mr editor, lets go just a bit further with your explanation of what the
            > "State line Mob" really was just so that your readers will better
            > understand what Sheriff Pusser was really up against.. You are correct
            > when you say it had nothing to do with the real Mafia. The fact is that
            > W.R. Morris coined the name "State Line Mob" for one of his books.
            > There were no real ties to any organized crime family either in Detroit
            > or Chicago as some would have people believe and certainly no ties to
            > any of the New York families have ever been made. "The State Line
            > Mob" as Morris called them was simply a couple of establishments at the
            > Mississippi / Tennessee border where Morris embellished certain events
            > in order to make Sheriff Pusser appear to be a bigger crime fighter than
            > he ever really was.
            >
            > The facts show that The Plantation Club, on the Mississippi side of the
            > state line in Alcorn County , was closed down by its owner W.O. Hathcock
            > before Pusser even became sheriff of neighboring McNairy County. This
            > left basically the Shamrock Motel and the White Iris on the Tennessee
            > side of the border for Pusser to deal with.
            >
            > The Shamrock Motel was operated by Louise Hathcock while the White Iris
            > was run by her lover Carl Douglas "Towhead" White ran the White Iris.
            > Many try to include W.O. Hathcock as part of the alleged "State Line
            > Mob" but has already been stated his club was closed when Pusser took
            > office. W.O. Hathcock did take over the Shamrock after Louise
            > Hathcock's death and while Towhead White was in prison but records show
            > that Sheriff Pusser had no alcohol, gambling or prostitution problems
            > from W.O. Hathcock while he operated the restaurant and motel.
            >
            > So there you have it. The state line mob was basically two
            > individuals... Louise Hathcock and Towhead White who were known to sell
            > bootleg Whiskey and operate what the FBI called "the razzle game" at the
            > cash registers of their establishments.
            >
            >
            > The bottom line is that there was no "syndicate" that operated at the
            > state line as was shown in "WALKING TALL" , the fictional version of
            > Buford Pusser's story...., all of that was pure fantasy. It was simply
            > a couple of people selling bootleg booze and operating a scam game.
            > There were no Casinos or big time prostitution rings going on at the
            > state line according to FBI reports. If some one wanted a woman, one
            > was brought up from Corinth over in Mississippi.
            >
            > While the state line has it's place in history, it certainly isn't the
            > place given it by the Movie"WALKING TALL" or the writings of W.R. Morris
            > as both GREATLY embellished the truth.
            >
            > Glad I could help mr editor.
            >
            > "The truth has no agenda",
            >
            > Mike
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > FROM BUFORD PUSSER INTERNATIONAL:
            >
            >
            > The State Line Mob had nothing in fact to with the Mafia as we know it,
            > which was controlled by "The Commision" in New York. Likewise the
            > Phenix City Mob (Phenix City, AL., was not connected to "The Mob". As a
            > matter of facr, Chicago mobsters trying to take over Phenix City were
            > found floating in the Chattahoochie river, the border with Columbus,
            > Ga. Phenix City was obviously more organized and thereby more vicious
            > than the State Line Mob, but the stateliners earned their moniker
            > because of where they were and because they settled disputes with the
            > same kind of "shoot first, ask questions later" type mentality.
            >
            > All of that says nothing about the Dixie Mafia, and the Gulf Coast
            > Syndicate, aka Gold Coast Syndicate , which are themselves also totally
            > separate from the organized Mafia
            >
            > THE EDITOR
            >
          • Mike
            How does that establish that he was part of the State Line Mob . Did he operate an enterprise? Was he employed by by Louise or Towhead who operated a club
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 26 6:47 AM
              How does that establish that he was part of the "State Line Mob". Did he operate an enterprise? Was he employed by by Louise or Towhead who operated a club there?

              I could take your own argument and attempt to expand the story by mentioning that Kirksey Nix spent at little time at the state line hangouts but was not a regular there.

              I could make the argument that Towhead spent some time in Chicago, Dallas and New Orleans....how does that make the state line a part on any of those crime syndicates?

              The fact is that a lot of criminals knew the "hot spots" around the country and who was at each one but there was little is any connection other than that. Acquaintances don't necessarily make mobs or crime families. The Dixie Mafia got it name from Rex Armisted who called them as such to get more attention to a loosely connected band of criminals. He did so in an attempt to make them appear as a mob so law enforcement would pay more attention to what these individuals were up to.

              Keep in mind that Junior Smith was not considered as part of the "state line mob" by those close to the story as he aligned himself more with Buford Pusser. So what are you saying here? That because of Rothchild's affiliation with Junior that he was also aligned with Buford? I could make that argument just as easily as you are trying to make yours.

              Fact is, Rothchild was pretty much out of the picture by the time Buford became sheriff.

              "The truth has no agenda"

              Mike



              --- In crimemyths@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff and Brandy Mullins" <mullins040910@...> wrote:
              >
              > I beg to differ to a certain degree. The area called the state line was frequented by Charles "Rocky" Rothschild during the 1950's. Rothschild was a former police officer in Cairo, Illinois. He was noted as a professional thief and burglar who was eventually convicted of a murder that he committed In North Carolina. He was widely traveled across the southern portion part of the United States. Cairo is located in Alexander County which is situated as the most southern point of Illinois where the Mississippi River and Ohio River meet. At the time of Rothschild's criminal activity this area was part of territory run by Buster Workman out of East St. Louis. Workman was a Jewish Gangster that had ties to the Purple Gang out of Detroit. Also active in Cairo at the time was "Red " Doss whose wife Lavelle had brothers and a father in the Dixie Mafia.
              >
              > Junior Smith was the driver of a vehicle stopped in Mississippi by authorities. One of the passengers was William " Pappy" Head. Head. Head and another gentleman in the vehicle were convicted possession of criminal tools. Head had a criminal record that stretched back the 1940's, he was a member of the Dixie Mafia. Head was killed by a Virginia jewelry store owner and his employees during a botched robbery attempt in the early 1990's. Shall I go on?
              >
              > --- In crimemyths@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mikeelam2010@> wrote:
              > >
              > >
              > > Mr editor, lets go just a bit further with your explanation of what the
              > > "State line Mob" really was just so that your readers will better
              > > understand what Sheriff Pusser was really up against.. You are correct
              > > when you say it had nothing to do with the real Mafia. The fact is that
              > > W.R. Morris coined the name "State Line Mob" for one of his books.
              > > There were no real ties to any organized crime family either in Detroit
              > > or Chicago as some would have people believe and certainly no ties to
              > > any of the New York families have ever been made. "The State Line
              > > Mob" as Morris called them was simply a couple of establishments at the
              > > Mississippi / Tennessee border where Morris embellished certain events
              > > in order to make Sheriff Pusser appear to be a bigger crime fighter than
              > > he ever really was.
              > >
              > > The facts show that The Plantation Club, on the Mississippi side of the
              > > state line in Alcorn County , was closed down by its owner W.O. Hathcock
              > > before Pusser even became sheriff of neighboring McNairy County. This
              > > left basically the Shamrock Motel and the White Iris on the Tennessee
              > > side of the border for Pusser to deal with.
              > >
              > > The Shamrock Motel was operated by Louise Hathcock while the White Iris
              > > was run by her lover Carl Douglas "Towhead" White ran the White Iris.
              > > Many try to include W.O. Hathcock as part of the alleged "State Line
              > > Mob" but has already been stated his club was closed when Pusser took
              > > office. W.O. Hathcock did take over the Shamrock after Louise
              > > Hathcock's death and while Towhead White was in prison but records show
              > > that Sheriff Pusser had no alcohol, gambling or prostitution problems
              > > from W.O. Hathcock while he operated the restaurant and motel.
              > >
              > > So there you have it. The state line mob was basically two
              > > individuals... Louise Hathcock and Towhead White who were known to sell
              > > bootleg Whiskey and operate what the FBI called "the razzle game" at the
              > > cash registers of their establishments.
              > >
              > >
              > > The bottom line is that there was no "syndicate" that operated at the
              > > state line as was shown in "WALKING TALL" , the fictional version of
              > > Buford Pusser's story...., all of that was pure fantasy. It was simply
              > > a couple of people selling bootleg booze and operating a scam game.
              > > There were no Casinos or big time prostitution rings going on at the
              > > state line according to FBI reports. If some one wanted a woman, one
              > > was brought up from Corinth over in Mississippi.
              > >
              > > While the state line has it's place in history, it certainly isn't the
              > > place given it by the Movie"WALKING TALL" or the writings of W.R. Morris
              > > as both GREATLY embellished the truth.
              > >
              > > Glad I could help mr editor.
              > >
              > > "The truth has no agenda",
              > >
              > > Mike
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > > FROM BUFORD PUSSER INTERNATIONAL:
              > >
              > >
              > > The State Line Mob had nothing in fact to with the Mafia as we know it,
              > > which was controlled by "The Commision" in New York. Likewise the
              > > Phenix City Mob (Phenix City, AL., was not connected to "The Mob". As a
              > > matter of facr, Chicago mobsters trying to take over Phenix City were
              > > found floating in the Chattahoochie river, the border with Columbus,
              > > Ga. Phenix City was obviously more organized and thereby more vicious
              > > than the State Line Mob, but the stateliners earned their moniker
              > > because of where they were and because they settled disputes with the
              > > same kind of "shoot first, ask questions later" type mentality.
              > >
              > > All of that says nothing about the Dixie Mafia, and the Gulf Coast
              > > Syndicate, aka Gold Coast Syndicate , which are themselves also totally
              > > separate from the organized Mafia
              > >
              > > THE EDITOR
              > >
              >
            • David McCloud
              I would be interested to know where and who in North Carolina Rothchild killed. ... From: Jeff and Brandy Mullins Subject:
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 27 7:21 AM
                I would be interested to know where and who in North Carolina Rothchild killed.

                --- On Wed, 4/25/12, Jeff and Brandy Mullins <mullins040910@...> wrote:

                From: Jeff and Brandy Mullins <mullins040910@...>
                Subject: [crimemyths] Re: Re; "The State Line Mob" on Buford Pusser International
                To: crimemyths@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Wednesday, April 25, 2012, 8:06 PM

                 
                I beg to differ to a certain degree. The area called the state line was frequented by Charles "Rocky" Rothschild during the 1950's. Rothschild was a former police officer in Cairo, Illinois. He was noted as a professional thief and burglar who was eventually convicted of a murder that he committed In North Carolina. He was widely traveled across the southern portion part of the United States. Cairo is located in Alexander County which is situated as the most southern point of Illinois where the Mississippi River and Ohio River meet. At the time of Rothschild's criminal activity this area was part of territory run by Buster Workman out of East St. Louis. Workman was a Jewish Gangster that had ties to the Purple Gang out of Detroit. Also active in Cairo at the time was "Red " Doss whose wife Lavelle had brothers and a father in the Dixie Mafia.

                Junior Smith was the driver of a vehicle stopped in Mississippi by authorities. One of the passengers was William " Pappy" Head. Head. Head and another gentleman in the vehicle were convicted possession of criminal tools. Head had a criminal record that stretched back the 1940's, he was a member of the Dixie Mafia. Head was killed by a Virginia jewelry store owner and his employees during a botched robbery attempt in the early 1990's. Shall I go on?

                --- In crimemyths@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mikeelam2010@...> wrote:
                >
                >
                > Mr editor, lets go just a bit further with your explanation of what the
                > "State line Mob" really was just so that your readers will better
                > understand what Sheriff Pusser was really up against.. You are correct
                > when you say it had nothing to do with the real Mafia. The fact is that
                > W.R. Morris coined the name "State Line Mob" for one of his books.
                > There were no real ties to any organized crime family either in Detroit
                > or Chicago as some would have people believe and certainly no ties to
                > any of the New York families have ever been made. "The State Line
                > Mob" as Morris called them was simply a couple of establishments at the
                > Mississippi / Tennessee border where Morris embellished certain events
                > in order to make Sheriff Pusser appear to be a bigger crime fighter than
                > he ever really was.
                >
                > The facts show that The Plantation Club, on the Mississippi side of the
                > state line in Alcorn County , was closed down by its owner W.O. Hathcock
                > before Pusser even became sheriff of neighboring McNairy County. This
                > left basically the Shamrock Motel and the White Iris on the Tennessee
                > side of the border for Pusser to deal with.
                >
                > The Shamrock Motel was operated by Louise Hathcock while the White Iris
                > was run by her lover Carl Douglas "Towhead" White ran the White Iris.
                > Many try to include W.O. Hathcock as part of the alleged "State Line
                > Mob" but has already been stated his club was closed when Pusser took
                > office. W.O. Hathcock did take over the Shamrock after Louise
                > Hathcock's death and while Towhead White was in prison but records show
                > that Sheriff Pusser had no alcohol, gambling or prostitution problems
                > from W.O. Hathcock while he operated the restaurant and motel.
                >
                > So there you have it. The state line mob was basically two
                > individuals... Louise Hathcock and Towhead White who were known to sell
                > bootleg Whiskey and operate what the FBI called "the razzle game" at the
                > cash registers of their establishments.
                >
                >
                > The bottom line is that there was no "syndicate" that operated at the
                > state line as was shown in "WALKING TALL" , the fictional version of
                > Buford Pusser's story...., all of that was pure fantasy. It was simply
                > a couple of people selling bootleg booze and operating a scam game.
                > There were no Casinos or big time prostitution rings going on at the
                > state line according to FBI reports. If some one wanted a woman, one
                > was brought up from Corinth over in Mississippi.
                >
                > While the state line has it's place in history, it certainly isn't the
                > place given it by the Movie"WALKING TALL" or the writings of W.R. Morris
                > as both GREATLY embellished the truth.
                >
                > Glad I could help mr editor.
                >
                > "The truth has no agenda",
                >
                > Mike
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                > FROM BUFORD PUSSER INTERNATIONAL:
                >
                >
                > The State Line Mob had nothing in fact to with the Mafia as we know it,
                > which was controlled by "The Commision" in New York. Likewise the
                > Phenix City Mob (Phenix City, AL., was not connected to "The Mob". As a
                > matter of facr, Chicago mobsters trying to take over Phenix City were
                > found floating in the Chattahoochie river, the border with Columbus,
                > Ga. Phenix City was obviously more organized and thereby more vicious
                > than the State Line Mob, but the stateliners earned their moniker
                > because of where they were and because they settled disputes with the
                > same kind of "shoot first, ask questions later" type mentality.
                >
                > All of that says nothing about the Dixie Mafia, and the Gulf Coast
                > Syndicate, aka Gold Coast Syndicate , which are themselves also totally
                > separate from the organized Mafia
                >
                > THE EDITOR
                >

              • Jeff and Brandy Mullins
                My apologies Mr. McCloud it was actually in Jefferson, Ga.. The mans name was Charles Drake and it occurred in 1957. Rumor had it that Drake kept large sums of
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 27 1:22 PM
                  My apologies Mr. McCloud it was actually in Jefferson, Ga.. The mans name was Charles Drake and it occurred in 1957. Rumor had it that Drake kept large sums of money on his person. Rothschild forced his way into the Drake home and struggled with Mr. Drake after which he shot Drake at some point then fled the home without the cash. This was witnessed by Mrs. Drake. Another gentleman was tried,convicted of the crime and was sentenced to die in the electric chair. Information came to light regarding Rothchilds involvement and when presented with the evidence he confessed exonerating the innocent man. At the time Rothchild was serving a prison sentence in North Carolina. I hope this helps.

                  --- In crimemyths@yahoogroups.com, David McCloud <mcclouddavid@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > I would be interested to know where and who in North Carolina Rothchild killed.
                  >
                  > --- On Wed, 4/25/12, Jeff and Brandy Mullins <mullins040910@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >
                  > From: Jeff and Brandy Mullins <mullins040910@...>
                  > Subject: [crimemyths] Re: Re; "The State Line Mob" on Buford Pusser International
                  > To: crimemyths@yahoogroups.com
                  > Date: Wednesday, April 25, 2012, 8:06 PM
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >  
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > I beg to differ to a certain degree. The area called the state line was frequented by Charles "Rocky" Rothschild during the 1950's. Rothschild was a former police officer in Cairo, Illinois. He was noted as a professional thief and burglar who was eventually convicted of a murder that he committed In North Carolina. He was widely traveled across the southern portion part of the United States. Cairo is located in Alexander County which is situated as the most southern point of Illinois where the Mississippi River and Ohio River meet. At the time of Rothschild's criminal activity this area was part of territory run by Buster Workman out of East St. Louis. Workman was a Jewish Gangster that had ties to the Purple Gang out of Detroit. Also active in Cairo at the time was "Red " Doss whose wife Lavelle had brothers and a father in the Dixie Mafia.
                  >
                  > Junior Smith was the driver of a vehicle stopped in Mississippi by authorities. One of the passengers was William " Pappy" Head. Head. Head and another gentleman in the vehicle were convicted possession of criminal tools. Head had a criminal record that stretched back the 1940's, he was a member of the Dixie Mafia. Head was killed by a Virginia jewelry store owner and his employees during a botched robbery attempt in the early 1990's. Shall I go on?
                  >
                  > --- In crimemyths@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mikeelam2010@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > >
                  > > Mr editor, lets go just a bit further with your explanation of what the
                  > > "State line Mob" really was just so that your readers will better
                  > > understand what Sheriff Pusser was really up against.. You are correct
                  > > when you say it had nothing to do with the real Mafia. The fact is that
                  > > W.R. Morris coined the name "State Line Mob" for one of his books.
                  > > There were no real ties to any organized crime family either in Detroit
                  > > or Chicago as some would have people believe and certainly no ties to
                  > > any of the New York families have ever been made. "The State Line
                  > > Mob" as Morris called them was simply a couple of establishments at the
                  > > Mississippi / Tennessee border where Morris embellished certain events
                  > > in order to make Sheriff Pusser appear to be a bigger crime fighter than
                  > > he ever really was.
                  > >
                  > > The facts show that The Plantation Club, on the Mississippi side of the
                  > > state line in Alcorn County , was closed down by its owner W.O. Hathcock
                  > > before Pusser even became sheriff of neighboring McNairy County. This
                  > > left basically the Shamrock Motel and the White Iris on the Tennessee
                  > > side of the border for Pusser to deal with.
                  > >
                  > > The Shamrock Motel was operated by Louise Hathcock while the White Iris
                  > > was run by her lover Carl Douglas "Towhead" White ran the White Iris.
                  > > Many try to include W.O. Hathcock as part of the alleged "State Line
                  > > Mob" but has already been stated his club was closed when Pusser took
                  > > office. W.O. Hathcock did take over the Shamrock after Louise
                  > > Hathcock's death and while Towhead White was in prison but records show
                  > > that Sheriff Pusser had no alcohol, gambling or prostitution problems
                  > > from W.O. Hathcock while he operated the restaurant and motel.
                  > >
                  > > So there you have it. The state line mob was basically two
                  > > individuals... Louise Hathcock and Towhead White who were known to sell
                  > > bootleg Whiskey and operate what the FBI called "the razzle game" at the
                  > > cash registers of their establishments.
                  > >
                  > >
                  > > The bottom line is that there was no "syndicate" that operated at the
                  > > state line as was shown in "WALKING TALL" , the fictional version of
                  > > Buford Pusser's story...., all of that was pure fantasy. It was simply
                  > > a couple of people selling bootleg booze and operating a scam game.
                  > > There were no Casinos or big time prostitution rings going on at the
                  > > state line according to FBI reports. If some one wanted a woman, one
                  > > was brought up from Corinth over in Mississippi.
                  > >
                  > > While the state line has it's place in history, it certainly isn't the
                  > > place given it by the Movie"WALKING TALL" or the writings of W.R. Morris
                  > > as both GREATLY embellished the truth.
                  > >
                  > > Glad I could help mr editor.
                  > >
                  > > "The truth has no agenda",
                  > >
                  > > Mike
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > > FROM BUFORD PUSSER INTERNATIONAL:
                  > >
                  > >
                  > > The State Line Mob had nothing in fact to with the Mafia as we know it,
                  > > which was controlled by "The Commision" in New York. Likewise the
                  > > Phenix City Mob (Phenix City, AL., was not connected to "The Mob". As a
                  > > matter of facr, Chicago mobsters trying to take over Phenix City were
                  > > found floating in the Chattahoochie river, the border with Columbus,
                  > > Ga. Phenix City was obviously more organized and thereby more vicious
                  > > than the State Line Mob, but the stateliners earned their moniker
                  > > because of where they were and because they settled disputes with the
                  > > same kind of "shoot first, ask questions later" type mentality.
                  > >
                  > > All of that says nothing about the Dixie Mafia, and the Gulf Coast
                  > > Syndicate, aka Gold Coast Syndicate , which are themselves also totally
                  > > separate from the organized Mafia
                  > >
                  > > THE EDITOR
                  > >
                  >
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.