Re: Hemingway quote

  • maan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2013
      Hi Vaughan,

      Thanks for the beautiful quote.. I've just finished Swann's way few minutes ago, and I feel that in addition to its philosphical implaction, it showed deep psychological insights as well about human behavior and the conflicts and ambivalent feelings (Love/hatred)one may experience when in love, even the destructive pattern of behavior the role of tortured victime some people may play (which might be fulfilling some secondary benefits or goals)..

      The book in general, unlike many other books, made me think about life through our memories, and how we try to build it through the recollection of biased memories (as we don't remember things neutrally, but we change them in a way that matches the moments we recollect them).. A really great book with many layers of meanings.

      Best

      MaanK