"old school" in Bleak House

  • burke9497
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2009
      I'm not sure where the term "old school" originated, but it is a phrase I hear a lot of young adults, twenty-somethings, using these days. I thought the definition used in Chapter 2 was accurate:
      He is of what is called the old school — a phrase generally meaning any school that seems never to have been young...
    • Miranda Sessoms
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2009
        I always understood the usage of the phrase "old school" as referring to the way something used to be done, but isn't anymore. It's so funny to be talking about something so casual in such a formal manner!

        Miranda