3931Re: [crgII] Just finished reading "The Return of the Native"

  • maan kawas
    Nov 20, 2013
      Hi Bekah,

      Wow... Good luck then :) I confess that I didn't find the first few pages quite encouraging, especially with the use of the local dialect in some phrases, but after the third chapter I felt I couldn't leave the book. Actually, yesterday I finished reading Plato's Apology, and now I"m in the middle of Voltaire's Candide.  So, I'm looking forward to hearing about your impressions and opinions.

      Happy reading..

      On Wednesday, November 20, 2013 7:00 AM, Bekah <bekah0176@...> wrote:
      Thanks for the nudge,  Maan.  I've started but I'm only up to page about 50.  So far it's going very well though - fascinating in it's own way.  I usually read 150 or 200 pages a day (depending on the text and what else I've got going on) so I'll finish up probably by Thursday or so.

      Bekah

      On Nov 18, 2013, at 10:45 PM, maank72@... wrote:

      > Hello Everyone,
      >
      > Just finished reading “The Return of the Native” by Thomas Hardy. I loved the book and enjoyed reading it. I particularly liked its portrayal of the subjective meaning of love, vary in their perception of love; moreover, everyone’s relationship is triggered by different motivation. One more point I loved about the  novel is its implication that human relationships are complex.
      >

      > What are your opinion so far? Are you enjoying the novel?
      >
      > Maan K

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: