PANOS RADIO SOUTH ASIA's Latest Panoscope Issue, February 2007

  • Satish Jung Shahi
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 5, 2007
      Message__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

      __________________________________________________________________________________________________________

      Panos Radio South Asia | Latest Panoscope Issue
      www.panosradiosouthasia.org

      Latest Upload on Panoscope:
      __________________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Justice in Barrel

      In this edition of Panoscope we have three guests with us in our studio. Tapan Bose is a human rights activist from India, Vasuki Nesiah is a Sri Lankan scholar, and Mandira Sharma is a human rights lawyer from Nepal. All three have worked extensively in the field of transitional justice in their respective countries. Panoscope caught up with them in Kathmandu at a recent conference on Transitional Justice in South Asia.

      Country: India, Nepal, Sri Lanka.

      Upload Date: 02/05/2007

      Duration: 15:00

      File Size: 20.6 MB

      http://www.panosradiosouthasia.org/prsa/lateststories.php

      __________________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Panoscope is an independent production of Panos Radio South Asia. We're committed to providing a forum for voices, views, and issues not often heard in the mainstream media. Non-profit media, development and other organizations can download Panoscope radio magazine free of cost for air or online use. Credit should be given to Panos Radio South Asia (PRSA) an undertaking of Panos South Asia. If you have suggestions for future programs please contact us at:

      Panos Radio South Asia
      GPO Box 13651
      Kathmandu, Nepal
      Tel.: 977-1-5521889/5531447
      E-mail: prsa@...
    • Satish Jung Shahi
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 19, 2007

        Panos Radio South Asia | Latest Panoscope Issue
        www.panosradiosouthasia.org

        Latest Upload on Panoscope:

        Water is Sacred

        In this edition of Panoscope, we listen to how increasing water scarcity in the region affects lives. In the rugged and mountainous region of Balochistan in southwestern Pakistan, the burden of water, as in other parts of South Asia, falls mainly on women. In another feature, as the demand for water outstrips supply in Nepal's urban capital Kathmandu, some of the city's residents rely on ancient stone taps as a continuous water source.

        Country: Nepal, Pakistan.

        Upload Date: 02/16/2007