Logic and the Age of the Earth

  • VictorM
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2013
      The Bible (in its English translations) contains hundreds of verses
      with the expression "if" and "then." Biblical "if - then"
      statements are related to the commonplace meaning of words and ordinary
      affairs. For example, Genesis 24:8 "But if the woman is not willing to
      follow you, then you will be free from this my oath; only do not take
      my son back there." If the woman says no, then you are free from the
      oath. Another example, if a witness refuses to publically testify to
      what he has seen, then he shall be guilty (Leviticus 5:1).

      Formal logic did not come into existence until Aristotle. Logical
      syllogisms go back about a century. In mathematical logic, words often
      have metaphysical meanings. For example, if the universe is 6,000 years
      old, then its diameter cannot be greater than 6,000 light years. In
      this proposition, certain metaphysical ideas are relied on without

      1. Time exists, even though no one has ever detected or isolated any of

      2. Time is measurable. It is pure speculation to imagine that one can
      measure what one cannot detect. The Bible states that time (Hebrew
      olam) is in our minds: Ecclesiastes 3:11.

      3. Clocks and orbits are linear. We observe innumerable ancient atomic
      clocks and star streams in billions of galaxies. No ancient galaxy
      shines with the light frequencies of modern atoms. Indeed, some ancient
      galaxies shone at less than 10% of the light frequencies of modern
      atoms. When we observe the history of how galaxies formed, we see that
      the stars accelerated outwards as naked galaxies grew into huge
      growth-spirals as the light clocks also accelerated.

      4. Clocks are useful for scaling meters, velocities and light years. The
      suppositions that time exists, is linear and is a marker for distances
      are not supported by visible cosmic history.

      Let's examine the age of the earth with biblical logic, rather than
      mathematical logic. Can the universe be both old in age and young in
      years? If ancient days and years were vast eons and days and years
      steadily accelerate, then the world would have vast age, yet few
      rotations around the Sun. Jacob, in keeping with the ancient way of
      thinking, said that his days and years were shorter and worse than the
      days and years of his fathers. Genesis 47:9.

      Are ancient calendars linear records?

      The earliest calendars had 360 days with 12 - 30 day months, which is
      the calendar Noah during the flood. Sometime later, nations abandoned
      the 360-day calendar for one with 365 days. The lunar calendar also
      changed to 12 lunations in 354 days, eleven days short of the solar
      year. Priests noticed this discrepancy and adjusted their dynamic
      calendars to fit the changing cycles of nature. No one in that era
      could imagine that time exists or is measurable, since they adjusted
      their calendars to fit the observed irregularity of heavenly events.

      Our ancestors, a few hundred generations ago, mentioned catastrophic
      planet passages and a planet shattering, which are also recorded in the
      Bible. Indeed, we find thousands of shattered planet pieces (complete
      with volcanic and sedimentary rocks) orbiting between Mars and Jupiter.
      If planets passed sufficiently close, the Earth would precess during
      the passage. The Sun could appear to swinging to the north and then
      back to the south, as the Greeks recorded that it did when Patheon fell
      and smashed towards the Baltic north. Joshua recorded that the Sun
      delayed in Gibeon and the Moon persisted over the valley of Ajalon. The
      earliest record of a planet's orbit, the Venus Tablets of
      Ammizaduga, record a synodic cycle remarkably different from the modern
      Venusian orbit. The tablet record suggests a much smaller solar system.
      For two thousand years, astronomers measured, with angles, a decreasing
      solar parallax, as though the solar system was gradually expanding. The
      solar parallax has continued to decrease even since the 1960's when the
      canonical AU was established by means of clocks and radar.

      The ancients recorded that the patriarchs lived for vast ages. Job even
      explained that the sea (Hebrew west) dried as a marker for the brevity
      of life during the dinosaur age (Job 14). Indeed, drill cores confirm
      that the Mediterranean dried eight times, leaving thick deposits of
      plankton alternating with layers of rock salt, stromatolite and gypsum.
      Job mentioned how their faces (paniym) doubled (shama) before they
      died. If we lived for geological eons, our skulls would grow
      Neanderthal brows. Our grandchildren, however, would have more modern
      faces, as the fossils show. Some wag might insist that accelerating
      days and years require a logical reason. The records of the ancients is
      not enough!

      We observe that the visible properties of matter keep changing
      throughout cosmic history, as one should expect from Romans 8:21 (that
      the creation is enslaved to change.) We also observe, when we compare
      the shape of galaxies at many ranges, that the star streams continued
      to accelerate outwards as galaxies spread out and grew. It is
      reasonable to accept that the visibly changing properties of matter
      caused the outward accelerating orbits.

      Wait, says the skeptic, even if this were to occur in galaxies, what
      could cause local days and years to accelerate? We observe tides from
      the Sun and Moon. If gravity is propagating at light speed, the Sun
      would pull more on one hemisphere than on the other (as paraconical
      pendulums confirm). This would gradually accelerate both orbits and
      rotations. It would also cause all the planets to accelerate outwards,
      producing a logarithmic spread, as in Titius Bode's law. The technical
      name for this phenomena is gravity aberration. You don't need a
      technical name. Every old person remembers that days and years were
      slower during our youth.

      The age of the universe is not a problem for Changing Earth
      Creationists. We use biblical logic, not mathematical logic, to accept
      what our ancestors recorded, what the Bible states and what we confirm
      in cosmic history. Changing Earth Creationist's reject the idea
      Peter predicted for the last days - the notion that all things remain
      the same. Logic itself fails in a universe where every atom changes as
      it ages. 1 + 1 would always equal 2, but all ancient 1's would be
      unlike modern 1's. A universe where matter changes as it ages, the
      cosmos could have vast age, yet the Earth could have orbited the Sun
      only 6,000 times. Orbits would acclerate along with the acclerating
      clocks, which is what we observe in cosmoic history.

      The picture is of Kurt Godel, a mathematical logician. His fame comes
      form his "proof" that any sufficiently complex system of
      mathematics that starts with axioms and develops rules, must be either
      incomplete or inconsistent. Furthermore, one cannot prove the system
      from within itself. Creation does not use syllogisms, just Moses'
      Hebrew words. His creation account is confirmed in how the stars
      continued to come out from billions of ancient galaxies that were
      originally compact and naked (formless and without starry appendages).