RE: [creat] Gravity Jesus FROM THE CHURCH OF EDITED CHRISTIANITY

  • Dave Oldridge
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2012

      Dogmatic assertion.

      > SCIENCE IS NOT MAGIC

      Correct. Science has its own methodology.

      > SCIENCE IS NOT MYSTERIOUS OR SPOOKY

      Until you get into matters of quantum entanglement at which point it can become extremely "spooky."

      > SCIENCE HAS ZERO BELIEF IN "FAITH"

      Not true. In order to do science, one must have faith in certain (quite reasonable) principles:
      1. There actually is a physical universe and observations of it are meaningful.
      2. Logical inference actually works (paradoxically, there is no reason why it should).

      > FAITH IS TO STATE SOMETHING IS TRUE WITHOUT PROOF

      And people, including you, do it all the time.

      > And numb nuts...how is it that only YOU can see the "Visible history of the
      > cosmos?" HOW are you able to go back in time 4.6 billion years ago? You are
      > insane, a full blown paranoid schizophrenic.

      Victor is certainly quite deluded. Like most fanatics, he picks and chooses what evidence to accept and dogmatizes freely. For example, Victor claims black holes do not exist because we cannot see them. But then neither do electrons. And surely, SOMETHING is making those stars near the center of the galaxy orbit around an invisible point. We can see them orbit.

      > Where do you get this stuff?

      I am pretty sure he makes it up out of whole cloth. In the final analysis, Victor, like you, is a victim of the cult of sola scriptura ad litteram. His response is the opposite of yours, though. Instead of rejecting the nonsense, he embraces it. You reject all religion, to the point of the same kind of dogmatism. Two sides: same coin.

      --

      Dave Oldridge
    • VictorM
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2012
        --- In creationism@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Oldridge" <doldridg@...> wrote:

> [...]

        Western science has a historical beginning. The first people to try and invent science were the pagan Greeks. They looked for an article of faith (a first principle) to resolve the problem of matter changing itself. It was the Catholic friars who, in their attempts to fit the Bible to Aristotle's system, who invented the faith of all scientists. Science was founded on the faith that the essence of substance is changeless. In modern words, that atoms are perpetual motion engines. Most physics definitions, measuring units, methods, laws and mathematical formulas depend on this faith. THe Bible predicted this idea for the mockers of the last days and calls it a first law - that all things remain the same. It even predicted what the mockers will do with this idea. The Bible predicted what you are doing Kathrine. Be careful. Science is a system of faith, even its logic and mathematics relies on the faith that atoms are perpetual motion engines.

        > > FAITH IS TO STATE SOMETHING IS TRUE WITHOUT PROOF
        >
        > And people, including you, do it all the time.
        > >

        > > And numb nuts...how is it that only YOU can see the "Visible history of the
        > > cosmos?" HOW are you able to go back in time 4.6 billion years ago? You are
        > > insane, a full blown paranoid schizophrenic.
        >
        > Victor is certainly quite deluded. Like most fanatics, he picks and chooses what evidence to accept and dogmatizes freely. For example, Victor claims black holes do not exist because we cannot see them. But then neither do electrons. And surely, SOMETHING is making those stars near the center of the galaxy orbit around an invisible point. We can see them orbit.

        Indeed, what we see is the very act of creation, as spelled out in the Bible. He finished creating the plural heavens and the Earth first. However they were formless. Then He continues to command light to continue to be. Clearly matter is a relation with light, as quantum entanglement and non locality show. Then HE continued to form the stars (from the formless things created first. He continues to place them out in the spreading place. Billions of galaxies grew from point source beginning. There is no need to believe in black holes. What we OBSERVE is that galaxies came from the formless state that existed before matter began to have its properties that come from light that dithers around within.

        To believe the light requires a very simple article of faith - that what we see is real.

        To believe in an unsupported faith, that atoms are perpetual motion engines, results in a universe crammed full of magical things like invisible matter, vacuums that stretch light, vacuums that have anti gravity properties, vacuums that push galaxies away and black holes with magical properties. How much simpler it is to believe the Bible that states that the creation is enslaved to change which we confirm with sight.

        Faith is important. Check out your faith Katherine. Don't go blindly following the faith of the scientists who invent an magical to protect their blind faith in unchanging atoms.

        Which faith will ultimately triumph. The faith in the visible universe or the faith in the magical invisible universe?
        Victor