RE: [creat] Re: CHIMPS

  • Robert Twigg
    Message 1 of 60 , Sep 1, 2011
      -----Original Message-----
      From: creationism@yahoogroups.com [mailto:creationism@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of David Bowman
      Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 10:17 PM
      To: creationism@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [creat] Re: CHIMPS

      Regarding:

      > Since you did not have a comment here I will add my own. For
      > another 380,000 years light was trapped within a cloud of
      > electrically charged electrons and protons and did not
      > penestrate into the darkness of empty space. Also known to
      > theorists as the 'surface of last scattering'

      "cloud"? "penestrate into the darkness of empty space"?

      Speaking of

      > - The big bang is something apparently you know little about.

      and

      > ... you do not understand the physics of the beginning or the
      > hebrew language.

      If you think modern cosmology includes the concept of an ion "cloud"
      spatially separated from "the darkness of empty space" at the decoupling
      time, when the CMB last scattered, you clearly have little understanding of
      the field.

      And are you actually serious in claiming

      > 'waters' Do not mean water water. jeez! Ancient Hebrew uses
      > word puns and the meaning of the word is dependent on usage.
      > As pointed out by you or someone else - there are not as many
      > words in hebrew as in other languages so we are forced to
      > interprete the word based on the context of it use. In this
      > case water mean the universe and all the matter and energy
      > within it.

      Yikes! Now *that* is a perfect example of stretching one's interpretation
      of the scriptures to suit one's own prior wants and desires for concordance
      with modern scientific understanding. On what basis do you actually think
      that 'mayim' (Strongs 04325) means "the universe and all the matter and
      energy within it". If it meant that why do you think that all translations
      of the Bible into English translate it into the word 'water' or 'waters'?
      Why do you think the translators of the LXX rendered the word as υδατος when
      they translated the text into Greek in the 2nd century BCE? Why do you
      think Strong says the word means 'water', 'waters', 'urine', 'spring', or
      'watercourse'? Are they all wrong about the meaning of the word and only
      *you* have the correct translation?

      Dave Bowman

    • newsentry
      Message 60 of 60 , Sep 4, 2011
        --- In creationism@yahoogroups.com, Dave Oldridge <doldridg@...> wrote:

        > On 28/08/2011 3:57 PM, newsentry wrote:
        > > Dave,
        > >
        > > The chimps -Ape- Have an extra chromosome. Humans evolved from 'chimps but somewhere in that evolutionary path the extra chromosome stacked on top of one of your chromosomes. This scenario has genetically been proven by decoding our chromosomes. #2 includes the chimp chromosome. The clue is that there is a central telemares located in the middle of #2. This also prevents (not the only reason though) humans from using chimp organs.
        >
        > Yes, chimps and gorillas have 24 pairs while we have 23 and our #2 is an
        > end-to-end fusion of two of the ape chromosomes. Domestic pigs have 19
        > pairs.
        > The problem with using chimp parts is more one of ethical availability.
        >
        > --
        > Dave Oldridge
        > Skype: daveoldridge
        > Ham Radio: VA7CZ

        One of the problems though with using chimp organs is that there is a severe GVHD issue when chimp organs are grafted with human organs.

        "Our current study shows that a locus on chromosome 2 acts independently of the chromosome 1 locus to also influence GVHD severity in this model. The region of chromosome 2 implicated in our study contains genes encoding beta2-microglobulin, the minor histocompatibility antigen H-3 and the pro-inflammatory cytokine IL-1."

        But there is also the ethical problem as well, and quite possibly it over shadows the GVHD problem.