[creat] Re: Welcome to Victor!

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 63 , May 1, 2011
      --- In creationism@yahoogroups.com, Muhammad Khan <mjkhan11373@...> wrote:

      > Just see the logic and intellectual maturity behind this comment.
      >  Dave O:
      > > So why are the Taliban murdering Sufis in the name of Allah?
      > This is the kind of logic,If someone says why did catholics murder protestants in UK in the name of their God.

      You answered that yourself - Catholics and Protestants differ in their interpretation of a holy book.

      It would appear that people who claim to be Muslims also differ in their interpretations of a holy book, otherwise there would not be multiple islamic sects, some of whom carry their dislike of other sects to a level where they kill each other.

      That is the point Dave appears to be making.
    • Dave Oldridge
      Message 63 of 63 , May 2, 2011
        On 01/05/2011 6:55 AM, Muhammad Khan wrote:
        > First,I am not aware of Taliban killing any sufi,and I read only what is in newspapers.

        it was omn the news here. Of course the Taliban seem more into murder
        than they are into Islam...
        > Muslims have only one book Quran same all over and at all time,same followed by all sects.No revised editions either every 50 years or so.

        That's because the Quran remains Arabic. There are translations into
        other languages all the time and those differ somewhat.
        > Your point confirms only one view.

        No, I am simply pointing out that the book is not able, in and of
        itself, to prevent that kind of violence.
        > Hatred of Islam is a western valueLike intolerance for non whites,repeating lies over and over until it is accepted as truth,making and redefining the teachings of Jesus(Pbuh)Using faith and now atheism to advance western foreign and financial goals.God bless you.Oh Sorry I shouldn't say God.

        I do not hate Islam, even though its teachings are not those of my
        faith. What I do reject is hypocrisy and murder in the name of Allah by
        anyone.

        We were given a command from Allah by way of Moses to NOT MURDER, yet
        far too much of what calls itself Islam seems obsessed with murdering
        people. To the point, I think, where Mohammed would repudiate much of
        what is being promulgated in his name.

        And there is one teaching of Islam that I KNOW to be false. Mohammed
        may well have been God's prophet (though I am somewhat skeptical of his
        claim) but he is not the last. THAT claim is a blasphemous attempt to
        stop the mouth of God, who will speak whenever and through whomever He
        wills.

        --
        Dave Oldridge
        Skype: daveoldridge