Precambrian Appendages

  • John Tillman
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2008
      More evidence has emerged supporting the view that the Cambrian Explosion is a phenomenon more apparent than real:

      http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/oldestfootprintsonearthfound

    • chuyaventuras
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 21, 2008
        --- In creationism@yahoogroups.com, John Tillman <mammot1h@...> wrote:

        > More evidence has emerged supporting the view that the Cambrian
        Explosion is a phenomenon more apparent than real:

        > http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/oldestfootprintsonearthfound
        > So the Cambrian Explosion which by the way was a Big Explosion,
        was not that big, or what? not big but surprisingly complex
        certainly it was, what's the point?
        I'm again just curious about the evolutionism non-sense thinking
        Please save time and grief and don't make an utter fool of yourself
        trying to explain it away in the same non-sense fashion as usual, if
        you have any real scientific evidence for your claims on how those
        complex creatures prior to Cambrian came into existence show me
        Chuy from Los Cabos

      • mammot1h
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 21, 2008
          --- In creationism@yahoogroups.com, "chuyaventuras"
          <chuyaventuras@...> wrote:

          > --- In creationism@yahoogroups.com, John Tillman <mammot1h@> wrote:
          > >
          > > More evidence has emerged supporting the view that the Cambrian
          > Explosion is a phenomenon more apparent than real:
          > >
          > > http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/oldestfootprintsonearthfound
          > > So the Cambrian Explosion which by the way was a Big Explosion,
          > was not that big, or what? not big but surprisingly complex
          > certainly it was, what's the point?

          Larger animals with hard body parts became common during the Cambrian,
          making their fossils & traces easier to find & leaving the impression
          of an explosion. The sensory apparatus of animals also improved, but
          Cambrian ecosystems were very different from those prevailing
          subsequently. For one thing, there were no vascular plants yet & for
          another life on land was still limited to simple, unicellular
          organisms or colonial microbes. Carbon dioxide levels were so high
          that any time-traveling humans would suffocate without breathing
          apparatus.

          > I'm again just curious about the evolutionism non-sense thinking
          > Please save time and grief and don't make an utter fool of yourself
          > trying to explain it away in the same non-sense fashion as usual, if
          > you have any real scientific evidence for your claims on how those
          > complex creatures prior to Cambrian came into existence show me
          > Chuy from Los Cabos

          Do you seriously believe that all the scientists in the world are
          "nonsense thinking, utter fools"?

          "Proof" is a term rarely used in science, which deals in observation,
          factual evidence & reasoning therefrom. Proof is a mathematical, not
          generally a scientific concept, although evolution is in fact subject
          to various mathematical tests resulting in proofs.

          You clearly aren't the least bit curious about objective reality, but
          generally small, soft-bodied Pre-Cambrian life forms are increasingly
          being discovered & analyzed.

          They came into existence the same way that organisms have arisen for
          the past 3.5 billion or more years, ie via evolutionary processes.
          The precise pathways they took can be reconstructed not only from the
          fossil record, but from comparative anatomy & biochemistry, from the
          embryological development & genomes of living organisms & from every
          other possible line of evidence. All the evidence in the world
          demonstrates the fact of evolution & none exists against it.

          Consider animals, multicellular organisms which descend from colonies
          of unicellular eukaryotes. In the Pre-Cambrian, bilaterally
          symmetrical animals, like us, diverged from their radially symmetrical
          ancestors, like jellyfish. Later, worm-like bilaterians split into
          two lines, protostomes, those in whose embryos mouths develop before
          anuses, like molluscs & insects, & deuterostomes, those in whose
          embryos anuses develop before mouths, such as sea squirts &
          vertebrates, like us. Genetic similarities independently confirm the
          validity of this descent based upon morphological, biochemical &
          embryological similarities.

          Developing embryos reveal stages showing features that are absent in
          the adult form. These features are common to a group of organisms.
          For example, at a particular stage, all vertebrate embryos possess a
          single circulation with two-chambered heart showing no separation into
          right & left halves.

          As development progresses, embryos change according to which group
          they belong, ie fish, amphibian, reptile, bird or mammal. The
          two-chambered heart is retained only in fish, while all other
          vertebrates deviate from this condition.

          Amphibians have three heart chambers, two atria & an unseparated
          ventricle, while most reptiles have a partially separated ventricle,
          which almost closes upon contraction. Archosaurian "reptiles", ie
          crocodiles, birds & their extinct relatives & ancestors such as
          pterosaurs & dinosaurs, have four chambers. Crocs have evolved a
          mechanism to detune their hearts for use in low oxygen conditions.

          Mammals also have independently evolved four-chambered hearts from our
          reptilian ancestors. Just as with our jaw bones that become ear
          bones, you can watch this aspect of our ancestry recapitulated during
          embryological development, as our hearts grow from two chambers to
          three to four.

          What evidence do you have that evolution is not a fact? Why are you
          so foolish as to believe the lying leaders of your false cult?

        • Ralph Krumdieck
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 21, 2008
            --- In creationism@yahoogroups.com, John Tillman wrote:

            > More evidence has emerged supporting the view that the Cambrian
            Explosion is a phenomenon more apparent than real:

            > http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/oldestfootprintsonearthfound
            > So the Cambrian Explosion which by the way was a Big Explosion,
            was not that big, or what? not big but surprisingly complex
            certainly it was, what's the point?
            I'm again just curious about the evolutionism non-sense thinking
            Please save time and grief and don't make an utter fool of yourself
            trying to explain it away in the same non-sense fashion as usual, if
            you have any real scientific evidence for your claims on how those
            complex creatures prior to Cambrian came into existence show me
            Chuy from Los Cabos

            [ralph] Chuy is trying to rewrite biology with invisible ink.