Re: [creat] Bible verses on creation

  • Gabor Horvath
    Message 1 of 33 , Jun 1, 2007
      John Tillman(partial, to Mathew Cs)
      ***It's not just incorrect to imply by translating the
      hammered out heavens as "expanse" that it means outer
      space, but a knowing, bald-faced lie with malice
      aforethought. Just one more reason why the liars &
      blasphemers, who take the name of the Lord in vain,
      are sure to perish in flame.***

      Gabor:
      John you are overly judgemental and emotional
      in your attack against the author of the AiG article. Your arguments come from the utter misunderstanding of the biblical language.The bible uses conventional expressions, terms talking about the phenomena which are occurring in nature, what God created.

      We say "sunrise" and "sunset" so the Creator in His message for us says the sun "rises" and the sun "sets"
      not because the One who created the heavenly bodies
      does not know that what we see is the result of the orbital motions of those celestial objects. He is the One
      who actually knows all things. True science searches the wonders of His works, and DISCOVERS them step by step as the Creator guides the diligent searchers.

      Let us correct misconceptions and failures of reason.
      What is right inthe babylonian astronomy comes from the divine revelations as they are written in the bible and
      not vice-versa.Adam and Eve were created as our first
      parents with immense abilities mentally phisically and spritually. They were told directly by their Creator the short form of how things work in creation. They then
      did communicate it to their successors and it was preserved.

      Later as time went by it became destorted in the mind
      of the generations which diverted from the truth.

      Greetings:Gabor

    • Dave Oldridge
      Message 33 of 33 , Jun 6, 2007
        On 3 Jun 2007 at 11:38, John Tillman wrote:

        > --- Dave Oldridge <doldridg@...> wrote:
        >
        > > On 1 Jun 2007 at 17:51, John Tillman wrote:
        > >
        > > > Dave,
        > > >
        > > > If it's not improper to ask for personal
        > > information
        > > > in this group, would you mind my inquiring, if
        > > you're
        > > > still an active priest, to the spiritual needs of
        > > what
        > > > flock do you minister?
        > >
        > > I'm not engaged in any parish work at this time. If
        > > I have a
        > > flock at all, it's the one on the internet in these
        > > echoes.
        > >
        > > > In my opinion the professional liars of
        > > > Answersingenesis are worse than televangelists,
        > > > satanic imps masquerading as servants of God &
        > > people
        > > > of the cloth, with no ministry but to deceive.
        > > >
        > > > I can't blame you for letting the emotion of
        > > righteous
        > > > indignation override proper Christian love even
        > > for
        > > > the enemies of truth.
        > >
        > > It's not that I hate the sinners so much as their
        > > sins. But they
        > > do sometimes drive me over the edge a bit when they
        > > insist that
        > > it is RIGHT to sin in God's name. And I don't mind
        > > calling it
        > > heresy when they teach people to do that, because
        > > that's exactly
        > > what it is.
        > >
        > > Oh, if pushed a lot of them will admit that the
        > > implication that
        > > one has to be a latter-day young-earth creationist
        > > to be saved is
        > > a bit heretical, but some of them, surprisingly,
        > > will defend this
        > > heresy vehemently, despite the fact that such a
        > > teaching has NO
        > > foundation either in tradition or scripture.
        > >
        > > And some of my needling is deliberate. If they
        > > excommunicate me,
        > > they are only excommunicating themselves, by choice,
        > > you see.
        > >
        > > --
        > >
        > > Dave Oldridge
        > > ICQ 1800667
        > > VA7CZ
        > >
        > ***Thanks. Have you considered writing a book as your
        > current ministry & witness? Or do you feel that works
        > such as Finding Darwin's God, by practicing Catholic &
        > Ivy League biologist Miller, already fill this need?
        > Is there a systematic treatment of the lies
        > consistently told by the creationist media mafia?

        The www.talkorigins.org has pretty much catalogued the scientific
        lies. Some of the theological ones get overlooked, I think,
        largely because most of the cataloguing is being done by
        atheists.

        I've read Miller's book (lost my copy of it to the ravages of a
        hurricane in 2003) and I've traded a couple of emails with him.
        His book is an excellent primer on evolution for lay people and
        does address some of the theological issues.

        --

        Dave Oldridge
        ICQ 1800667