Re: [creat] Re: something from nothing

  • Jeffrey Vaughn
    Message 1 of 60 , Feb 28, 2006
      Dave,

      Thank-you. That sums up young-earth creationism and dispensationalism quite succintly.

      Yours in Christ,

      JL

      Dave Oldridge <doldridg@...> wrote:
      Yet we do NOT "rediscover" that the earth is flat, that diseases
      are all caused by "evil spirits" or "humours," that the sun
      orbits the earth, that the earth is 6000 years old or that
      species were all "created" separately.

      Science moves on to NEW understandings, while religion
      (especially in its worst aspects) stagnates with old ones, often
      trying to enforce said stagnation with political action.

      Of course the REAL problem here is sin. Those who are
      promulgating religion (especially in its worst aspects) are
      envious of the prestige that scientists acquire through their
      work. They are tempted by the lure of bearing false witness
      about science in order to attempt to appropriate some of that
      prestige for their own "ministries." The temptation itself is
      not, of course, a sin. But acting on it is.

      Now, by definitions as old as Christianity, any "ministry" that
      suborns sin is a heresy.

    • Dave Oldridge
      Message 60 of 60 , Apr 3 8:49 PM
        On 30 Mar 2006 at 21:58, ebilly99 wrote:

        > --- In creationism@yahoogroups.com, Dave Oldridge <doldridg@...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > On 26 Mar 2006 at 1:11, ebilly99 wrote:
        > >

        > > > I found out more of the Arkeoligist. He died recently
        > swearing
        > > > he found the ark.
        > > > http://www.bibleplus.org/discoveries/Ark_Found.htm
        > >
        > > Even if that is true (that he died with a lie on his lips), it
        > > doesn't make his CLAIM true. It failed egregiously under
        > > investigation by people who actually BELIEVE in the story.
        > >
        > > But some people are carrying the fraud onwards....
        > >
        > > Not sure if they are just scam artists in it for the money or
        > > have been seduced by the devil into the pious fraud
        >
        > Ebilly I agree. I was just telling the truth about that he died.
        > First
        > thing that I thought proved he was a fraud is that I thought
        > blood
        > could not last 2000 years. Am I right

        Well, some chemical bits of it might, but only in a very
        protected place.

        --

        Dave Oldridge
        ICQ 1800667