ON Noah's Flood being a myth

  • Bonny
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 29, 2000
      Hi, I found this in looking up news to do with the Russian-Chechnya
      war, and it had some very interesting material. Since most
      Chechnyan's are Moslem, I don't think you could say that
      their historical past has anything to do with Creationism, but their
      name is even connected to Noah, if you check under 'native.txt' and
      under 'Chechnya's history' you'll find some interesting things.
      http://www.idis.com/ChouOnline/chechnya.html
    • Paul Andrew King
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2000
        >Hi, I found this in looking up news to do with the Russian-Chechnya
        >war, and it had some very interesting material. Since most
        >Chechnyan's are Moslem, I don't think you could say that
        >their historical past has anything to do with Creationism,

        You mean not directly. Of course their myths and legends will be
        connected - through the Quran even if there are no earlier
        connections. And there are Moslem Creationists (I saw a book by one
        who was rather pleased by the fact that the Quran does not claim that
        Noah's flood was global)

        > but their
        >name is even connected to Noah, if you check under 'native.txt' and
        >under 'Chechnya's history' you'll find some interesting things.
        >http://www.idis.com/ChouOnline/chechnya.html

        And if you look at that link you will see exactly the sort of
        connections I suggested. (BTW the Noah myth was shared by many
        Middle Eastern peoples - the Bible version is apparently derived from
        the Hurrian)
        immortality. More emperors died of poisoning from ingesting minerals
        Guide to Taoism_

        Paul K.
      • Bonny
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2000
          --- In creationism@egroups.com, Paul Andrew King <paul@m...> wrote:
          > >Hi, I found this in looking up news to do with the Russian-Chechnya
          > >war, and it had some very interesting material. Since most
          > >Chechnyan's are Moslem, I don't think you could say that
          > >their historical past has anything to do with Creationism,
          >
          > You mean not directly. Of course their myths and legends will be
          > connected - through the Quran even if there are no earlier
          > connections. And there are Moslem Creationists (I saw a book by
          one
          > who was rather pleased by the fact that the Quran does not claim
          that
          > Noah's flood was global)
          >

          > > but their
          > >name is even connected to Noah, if you check under 'native.txt' and
          > >under 'Chechnya's history' you'll find some interesting things.
          > >http://www.idis.com/ChouOnline/chechnya.html
          >
          > And if you look at that link you will see exactly the sort of
          > connections I suggested. (BTW the Noah myth was shared by many
          > Middle Eastern peoples - the Bible version is apparently derived
          from
          > the Hurrian)
          > --
          > --
          > "The T'ang emperors were strong believers in the pills of
          > immortality. More emperors died of poisoning from ingesting
          minerals
          > in the T'ang than in any other dynasty" - Eva Wong _The Shambhala
          > Guide to Taoism_
          >
          > Paul K.

          Paul K. says above
          "the Bible version is apparently derived from the Hurrian"
          I say,
          the Bible version is apparently deprived from Moses who heard from
          the
          Great ' I Am' "

          Bonny

          "'Safe?' said Mr. Beaver; 'Don't you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you?
          Who said anything about safe? 'Course he isn't safe. But he's
          good.
          He's the King, I tell you.'" (The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
          by
          C. S. Lewis)
        • Paul Andrew King
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 4, 2000

            >Paul K. says above
            >"the Bible version is apparently derived from the Hurrian"
            >I say,
            >the Bible version is apparently deprived from Moses who heard from
            >the
            >Great ' I Am' "

            All I'll say is that on historical grounds the Bible version is far
            from the oldest (the earliest known is the Sumerian story of
            Ziusudra) and is most likely derived from the early stories. If you
            choose to believe otherwise on religious grounds that is your
            privilege.

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 5, 2000
              --- In creationism@egroups.com, Paul Andrew King <paul@m...> wrote:

              > >Paul K. says above
              > >"the Bible version is apparently derived from the Hurrian"
              > >I say,
              > >the Bible version is apparently deprived from Moses who heard from
              > >the
              > >Great ' I Am' "
              > >

              > All I'll say is that on historical grounds the Bible version is far
              > from the oldest (the earliest known is the Sumerian story of
              > Ziusudra) and is most likely derived from the early stories. If
              you
              > choose to believe otherwise on religious grounds that is your
              > privilege.
              > --
              > --
              > "The T'ang emperors were strong believers in the pills of
              > immortality. More emperors died of poisoning from ingesting
              minerals
              > in the T'ang than in any other dynasty" - Eva Wong _The Shambhala
              > Guide to Taoism_
              >
              > Paul K.

              Aye, it might not be the oldest version, perhaps the story got passed
              down and got corrupted. But I believe, as do others, it is God's
              version, and therefore the most accurate.

              Bonny

              By the way, I am looking up the 'Hurrians' so thank-you for that
              input.