Re: Book Release - Perspectives on an Evolving Creation

  • Alex (NYC)
    Message 1 of 81 , Oct 1, 2003
      --- In creationism@yahoogroups.com, "ed_horwood" <ed.horwood@b...>
      wrote:
      > Personally I think if God hadn't put evolution into place when man
      > fell, we would have become extinct. Man was not designed to live as
      > we do, he was designed to live in harmony with God.
      ------

      Evolution was in place before man existed, Ed.

      > Surely if evolution has been going on for billions of years there
      > wouldn't be so many flaws in human beings today.
      ------

      Are you suggesting that humans have been around for billions of years?

      > How long would it
      > take to reach perfection? another billion years? If we have stopped
      > evolving as stated in other posts (apart from the immune system)
      > then what hope do we have of becoming perfect?
      ------

      There's no such thing as perfect. It's an abstract idea.

      -Alex
    • Alex (NYC)
      Message 81 of 81 , Oct 6, 2003
        --- In creationism@yahoogroups.com, "discrete_event" <slatoid@y...>
        wrote:
        > --- In creationism@yahoogroups.com, "Alex (NYC)" <afidelibus@y...>
        > wrote:
        > > --- In creationism@yahoogroups.com, "torobuedu" <torobuedu@y...>
        > wrote:
        > > > --- In creationism@yahoogroups.com, "ed_horwood"
        > <ed.horwood@b...>
        > <torobuedu@y...>

        > statement
        > you
        > tend

        > > > And again, he dodges the topic.
        > > ------
        > >
        > > All I can say is, get used to it.
        >
        > Ed brings fresh new meaning to the saying (popularized by Paul
        > Simom) "...a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the
        > rest."
        >
        > I entertained (for a breif period) the idea that excercise
        > accelerates aging. Even did a web search and all I could find was
        > material that suggests the opposite.
        >
        > Just what is Ed's obscure source of such an idea?
        ------

        The only thing to worry about with too much strenuous
        exercise, is an increase of free radicals in the system which
        can in turn deteriorate cell membranes or DNA. But antioxidants
        from eating a balanced diet and/or vitamin supplements easily
        counter that.

        -Alex