Re: [creationevolutiondebate] Re: Define "Theory of Evolution"

  • atomicbohr@aol.com
    Message 1 of 147 , Jul 1, 2001
      In a message dated 7/1/01 12:02:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      doldridg@... writes:

      What I mean by it is a rigorous (in Euclidean space) method for
      constructing a circle of the same area as a given square (or vice
      versa), using only a compass and straight-edge.

      Ah, Dave, you're spoiling my fun. <g>

      Mike

      "Mere unbelief in a personal god is no philosophy at all."- Albert Einstein
    • Dave Oldridge
      Message 147 of 147 , Jul 20, 2001
        On 20 Jul 2001, at 0:02, tclifton@... wrote:

        > Who is calling God the liar when they scorn and mock His very words as
        > to how He says He did things? Tim

        You are. YOUR god is a liar, pure and simple. According to your
        "science" your god is playing a motion picture on an invisible event
        horizon of events that never occurred. And then YOU allege that
        this deity wrote Genesis and that YOUR interpretation of it is the
        only correct one and that YOUR god therefore is a liar in the
        creation but truthful in the book and that only the gnostics who
        believe the book over the creation can know the truth.

        Of course this is YOUR god. It is not the God of Jesus Christ and
        not even the God the Bible teaches of when you read it as a whole
        and understand who wrote it, when and why.

        Now, in the 1500's, you would be burned at the stake for
        suggesting such ideas (and believe me, Luther and Calvin would be
        holding the torches for the Inquisitors on this one!), but we live in a
        more tolerant age where heretics are merely exposed, not burned...

        Of course God didn't write Genesis and it is your private
        interpretation of it that is the real lie.

        Dave Oldridge
        ICQ 1800667