Re: Homosexual Scandal Forces Pope Resignation!

  • kurt31416
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 27, 2013
      --- In creationevolutiondebate@yahoogroups.com, David Bowman <David_Bowman@...> wrote:

      > Regarding Kurt31416's (Rick's) retort:
      >
      > > There is no God but God.
      >
      > I'm confused here. Did you intend to say:
      >
      > A) you converted to Islam?

      It's a Jewish and especially a Samaritan saying, David. The Hebrews preceed the Muslims by at least 2000 years.

      It was the primary unifying saying of what Josephus called the mysterious "Fourth Way" (Sadducees, Pharisees, Essenes and the Fourth Way) in Antiquities, and blames for the Jewish War. Yet, in the earlier document, even more Roman propaganda, The Jewish War, he never mentions. It inclues the Zealots, Siccari, Judas the Galilean and his sons James and Simon leading the Way in Jerusalem in 50CE and those at Masada.

      And some, such as Eisenman, who broke the 50 year censorship of the Dead Sea Scrolls by releasing them to the world, without permission, thinks the Fourth Way incudes Jesus and his followers.

      > B) you metaphorically equate recent scandals in the Catholic Church and its rituals with the kinds of things that occur within Islam and then proclaim a pox on both houses?

      There's plenty of sexual unpleasantness in much of Muslim culture, but I don't think there's any male homosexual child molesting rings in the Muslim clergy. Plenty of female child molesting/marriage though, but it's out in the open and not the clergy secretly.

      > C) a spontaneous exclamation of monotheistic piety?

      Yep, there is no God but God. It's just obvious, symmetry if nothing else.

      > D) you were trolling for any kind of response?

      Nah, I think the Samaritans and Jesus are right.

      > E) something else?
      >
      > Considering what else you have claimed (about the historical Jesus, the Gospel of Thomas, Einstein, Spinoza, Gödel, quantum theory, etc.) it seems hard to see just where you are coming from with this particular theological pronouncement.

      It's the same thing Thomas, Einstein, Spinoza, Godel['s Theorem] and the Quantum Theory say. Granted, Godel personally thought there was magic eminations coming from his refrigerator and such.

      > Dave Bowman

    • kurt31416
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 27, 2013
        Hi Tim,

        Well, General Relativity with a closed Universe, Many Worlds Quantum Theory, and the current darling, and passing fad of Theoretical Physics, trying to unite the two, Membrane Theory, all say that the end is the beginning. No Creation. You and I were here before and we will return, and next time, we may win the lottery and find true love that doesn't fail.

        And if you can make the two into one, if you know it, you won't know death.

        Thomas 11
        Jesus says: "This heaven will pass away, and the (heaven) above it will pass away. And the dead are not alive, and the living will not died. In the days when you consumed what was dead, you made it alive. When you are in the light, what will you do? On the day when you were one, you became two. But when you become two, what will you do?

        Thomas 18
        The disciples said to Jesus: "Tell us how our end will be." Jesus said: "Have you already discovered the beginning that you are now asking about the end? For where the beginning is, there the end will be too. Blessed is he who will stand at the beginning. And he will know the end, and he will not taste death."

        Jesus didn't get science almost right, science is finally starting to catch up to him.