Silk's PLAGIARISM: Does Natural Selection Today Really Know What it's Selecting

  • HumanCarol
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2012
      Re: chariot of the Gods & misunderstandings!

      From: [11-year-old] silk (smbc1 @ wxs.nl)
      Date: Sun Dec 24 2000 - 08:08:27 EST

      No Bill I'm stating just the opposite! The twig being what it is as a result
      of how it was bent is Nurture my whole piece was about "Nature"! As it
      turns out, contrary to your comment, I didn't use enough words, at least for
      you?
      Oh well snowing here for the first time this winter so
      at least nature is on the job. Merry Xmas. chao/silk

      Bill Wald wrote: Dear Silk
      Takes you alot of words to say, "As the twig is bent so grows the tree."
      Thinking of running for president?

      Silk: Well could I do any worse than the two who were just up for it,
      president that is?

      simple_sigh_man dennis443@, showboat, kirkmcdaniels, shin_feyn, gunneyshot/gunnyshot, toussainte/tousainte devereau, "razor edge" <rayzurs edge>, silk/silkvain "Silk" <zdeluce@ tiscali.nl>, Gaston Oke, saint benevolent, riptorn, tornbent, diamonsanrust, saint benevolent, drayton_bond, Phoenix Orion, priscila.rahl, smbc1 @..., dyn, Psychuous1, "Silk" <zdeluce@...>, Obi Knobi <psychouos1@>, "silk" <mocair2000@...>, Steffan Ilkvain <silkvain@...>, Silk smbc1@... mocair2000, veracitystriker @ yahoo.com, "vain" devilsbrew7@ planet.nl, "666" devilsbrew7 @..., "Devil" <devilsbrew7@...> mocair2000, "Lith Steen" <lithsteen@ ... > "KongKing" <showboat_fickle_wave@...> addressed him/herself by writing:

      > Silk...>

      Talking to yourself again?

      <<My 2 sense...>>

      No, it is not your "2 sense," or even your 2 cents.

      With no regard for intellectual integrity, you have stolen from Aldous Huxley by posting without citation:

      > Here we are virtually on the eve of destruction, the 21st century & thus we stand (about to fall) still yet with overpopulation coming out of our ears. We are literally drowning in it & up to our necks drenched & dripping with an "abundance" of inadequate supplies yet we do nothing appreciable, systematic about our "breeding". ... In our own random & unregulated way we are not only overpopulating the planet, we are also, it would seem, assur­ing that these greater numbers shall be of biologically "poorer quality". In the "bad old days" children with con­siderable or even slight, ... hereditary defects rarely survived. Today "thanx" to improved sanitation, modern pharmacology & somewhat fairer social consciences most children born with these hered­itary defects reach maturity & multiply their "own kind". <snip>

      From BRAVE NEW WORLD REVISITED [1958] by Aldous Huxley

      " In this second half of the twentieth century we do nothing systematic about our breeding; but in our random and unregulated way we are not only over-populating our planet, we are also, it would seem, mak­ing sure that these greater numbers shall be of biologically poorer quality. In the bad old days children with considerable, or even with slight, hereditary defects rarely survived. Today, thanks to sanitation, modern pharmacology and the social conscience, most of the children born with hereditary defects reach maturity and multiply their kind. Under the conditions now pre­vailing, every advance in medicine will tend to be offset by a corresponding advance in the survival rate of individuals cursed by some genetic insufficiency. "
    • HumanCarol
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2012
        "t" <physisvnomos@...> wrote:
        > Bryan,
        > This is a good question.
        > There is a book (which I have not read) which treats the problem you have suggested: Triver, "The Folly of Fools".

        His name is not Triver. It is Trivers.

        He was the author of a text for my sociobiology class: Social Evolution (Apr 1985)
      • Truman
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 1, 2012
          On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 2:34 PM, bryan.junius <bryan.junius@...>wrote:

          > Truman,
          >
          > I am not sure if genetic determinism allows for a postulation of religious
          > belief, or if a chemical in the brain may cause for heightened senses of
          > euphoria that could be similar to, being actually high on Jesus.
          >
          > I was thinking more that there are behaviors that can be linked to
          genetics. Examples that come to mind are autism, scizophrenia. Also the
          fact of of things like manerisms that offspring share with parents, which I
          think would include how a person processes data. There are also cases
          where twins separated at birth end of in similar job professions, similar
          tastes in hobbies and fashion, having spouses that are similar.

          > Most of us all know that evolution exists. However the questions today are
          > a little more surreal since the introduction of technology and the cultural
          > explosion. Can technology have a factor on natural selection? What would it
          > select in the social biological aspect of diversity? Does inclusive fitness
          > matter anymore? Does cooperation or altruism matter even? How about
          > language since the introduction of text messaging? And what of human
          > intelligence as technology takes over? What happens to the brain and what
          > do we lose?

          I guess my take is that technology is a factor in natural selection. The
          big problem I see is that it will take place when there are more humans
          than the environment can sustain. That is where the selection will really
          start.

          Truman