Re: Matter/Energy: Did God Create the Universe?

  • mercuryawakening
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 1, 2011
      Dear Timothy,

      Matter is a form of energy.
      We live in an energy universe.

      If we posit a nucleus and an electron running round it,
      the electron goes round so very, very fast
      that if we try to stick a slow moving particle into it,
      the electron travels round so quickly,
      it comes back before the particle
      has gone across its orbit,
      and it's knocked out.

      This is why matter appears to be solid.

      Although the inside of the atom is apparently solid,
      that solidity is merely apparent.
      `Apparent' actually means `derived from rotation'.
      That's the root 'Pira', in appearance:
      the Pi Ratio, or function of this rotation.

      So all solidity is really the velocity of rotation.

      You know if you spin a bicycle wheel,
      and when it's going very fast
      you try to put your finger through it,
      you will have trouble with the end of your finger.
      The wheel will be apparently solid to you.
      You have to move very, very quickly
      to shoot through the spokes of a rotating wheel.

      So that solidity is really velocity of rotation.

      For the same reason, if a wax candle
      is fired with sufficient velocity
      it will penetrate an oak door.

      Meanwhile we know that the atom
      is almost entirely space.
      There is some nuclear substance, protonic,
      and electronic, and round it some attendant electrons
      ... but colossal amounts of space
      relative to the size of the electron,
      just as in the solar system there's a
      terrific amount of space relative to
      the size of the planets going round the sun.

      And even the protonic and electronic substance
      resolves into nothing but energy,
      formulated by the intelligent space itself,
      which is in a constant state of movement.

      This is the meaning of the Buddhist's concept
      of the void: that most of being is empty.
      Void empty and vacuum etymologically all mean leisure.
      They do not correspond with the popular
      idea of voidity, of nothingness.
      It means power non-manifesting, power at leisure.

      And this is what is meant in Genesis
      where it says the earth was without form and void.

      The water that God's spirit moves upon is primal energy
      ... that which stands underneath creation ...
      and the behaviour of this energy is similar to water
      in that the spirit of God moves upon it,
      creating the spin of all matter in the known universe.

      Love,
      John
      ***

      --- In creationevolutiondebate@yahoogroups.com, "T" <timothyekennelly@...> wrote:

      > No.
      >
      > The idea that "matter is energy" is about as reasonable as the idea that "a hunk of coal is a diamond."
      >
      > That a given thing can be transformed into another thing under certain condition does not mean that the original thing and the product of transformation are the same...in fact the logic of transformation suggested they are certainly not the same thing.
      >
      > Timothy E. Kennelly
      >
      > --- In creationevolutiondebate@yahoogroups.com, "mercuryawakening" <mercuryawakening@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Yessir, I'm all for casting doubt
      > > on ill-conceived scientific theories
      > > or quack nonsense extrapolated from statistics.
      > >
      > > This one however is an interesting notion, Timothy.
      > > Doesn't the proof that matter is energy
      > > lie in what happened when we
      > > split the atom over Hiroshima/Nagasaki?
      > >
      > > Love,
      > > John
      > > ***
      > >

      > > --- In creationevolutiondebate@yahoogroups.com, "T" <timothyekennelly@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > There are so many foolish and stupid things said in the name of science. Matter is not energy, but because someone suggests such a thinig in the name of science some fraction of the population shuts off its very dull mind and thinks, "sicnece said it - it must be true."
      > > >

      > > > Timothy E. Kennelly

    • HumanCarol
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 1, 2011
        "It followed from the special theory of relativity that mass and energy are both but different manifestations of the same thing—a somewhat unfamiliar conception for the average mind. Furthermore, the equation E is equal to mc2, in which energy is put equal to mass, multiplied with the square of the velocity of light, showed that very small amounts of mass may be converted into a very large amount of energy and vice versa. The mass and energy were in fact equivalent, according to the formula mentioned before. This was demonstrated by Cockcroft and Walton in 1932, experimentally." --Albert Einstein
      • mercuryawakening
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 2, 2011
          -- In creationevolutiondebate@yahoogroups.com, "HumanCarol" <humanist@...> wrote:
          > "It followed from the special theory of relativity that mass and energy are both but different manifestations of the same thing—a somewhat unfamiliar conception for the average mind. Furthermore, the equation E is equal to mc2, in which energy is put equal to mass, multiplied with the square of the velocity of light, showed that very small amounts of mass may be converted into a very large amount of energy and vice versa. The mass and energy were in fact equivalent, according to the formula mentioned before. This was demonstrated by Cockcroft and Walton in 1932, experimentally." --Albert Einstein

          Dear Carol
          what is this unfamiliar concept,
          this `same thing'
          that we're manifested from?

          Your loving bro'
          ***
        • HumanCarol
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 2, 2011
            > > "It followed from the special theory of relativity that mass and energy are both but different manifestations of the same thing—a somewhat unfamiliar conception for the average mind. Furthermore, the equation E is equal to mc2, in which energy is put equal to mass, multiplied with the square of the velocity of light, showed that very small amounts of mass may be converted into a very large amount of energy and vice versa. The mass and energy were in fact equivalent, according to the formula mentioned before. This was demonstrated by Cockcroft and Walton in 1932, experimentally." --Albert Einstein

            "mercuryawakening" <mercuryawakening@...> wrote:
            > Dear Carol
            > what is this unfamiliar concept,>>

            Ask Albert.

            > this `same thing' that we're manifested from?>>

            I don't see where Albert used the verb form of 'manifest.'

            man·i·fest verb \ˈma-nə-ˌfest\
            transitive verb: to make evident or certain by showing or displaying

            noun" a list of passengers or an invoice of cargo for a vehicle (as a ship or plane)

            manifestation (n):
            http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/manifestation
          • mercuryawakening
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 2, 2011
              >>> "It followed from the special theory of relativity that mass and energy are
              >>>both but different manifestations of the same thing—a somewhat unfamiliar
              >>>conception for the average mind. Furthermore, the equation E is equal to mc2, in
              >>>which energy is put equal to mass, multiplied with the square of the velocity of
              >>>light, showed that very small amounts of mass may be converted into a very large
              >>>amount of energy and vice versa. The mass and energy were in fact equivalent,
              >>>according to the formula mentioned before. This was demonstrated by Cockcroft
              >>>and Walton in 1932, experimentally." --Albert Einstein

              >>"mercuryawakening" <mercuryawakening@...> wrote:
              >> Dear Carol
              >> what is this unfamiliar concept,>>
              >Ask Albert.

              Apologies for intruding, Carol,
              ***********

              >> this `same thing' that we're manifested from?>>
              >I don't see where Albert used the verb form of 'manifest.'

              Isn't it true that mass is energy made manifest?

              Love,
              John
              ***

              ***********

              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 6, 2011

                > >>"mercuryawakening" <mercuryawakening@> wrote:
                > >> what is this unfamiliar concept,>>

                cs:> >Ask Albert.

                "mercuryawakening" <mercuryawakening@> wrote:
                > Apologies for intruding, Carol,>

                This is a forum, not a private conversation. Anyone may comment, without apology.

                > >> this `same thing' that we're manifested from?>>

                cs:> >I don't see where Albert used the verb form of 'manifest.'

                "mercuryawakening" <mercuryawakening@...> wrote:
                > Isn't it true that mass is energy made manifest?>>

                Perhaps you might want to review what in that string of characters qualifies as a verb.

                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 6, 2011

                  > cs:> >Ask Albert.
                  >
                  > "mercuryawakening" <mercuryawakening@> wrote:
                  > > Apologies for intruding, Carol,>
                  >
                  > This is a forum, not a private conversation. Anyone may comment, without apology.

                  > cs:> >I don't see where Albert used the verb form of 'manifest.'
                  >
                  > "mercuryawakening" <mercuryawakening@> wrote:
                  > > Isn't it true that mass is energy made manifest?>>
                  >
                  > Perhaps you might want to review what in that string of characters qualifies as a verb.

                  At school we were taught that a verb is a 'doing' word
                  ... 'made' is a suitable candidate

                  :)

                  Love
                  ***

                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 6, 2011

                    > > cs:> >Ask Albert.

                    > > "mercuryawakening" <mercuryawakening@> wrote:
                    > > > Apologies for intruding, Carol,>

                    > > This is a forum, not a private conversation. Anyone may comment, without apology.

                    > > cs:> >I don't see where Albert used the verb form of 'manifest.'

                    > > "mercuryawakening" <mercuryawakening@> wrote:
                    > > > Isn't it true that mass is energy made manifest?>>

                    cs:> > Perhaps you might want to review what in that string of characters qualifies as a verb.

                    "mercuryawakening" <mercuryawakening@...> wrote:
                    > At school we were taught that a verb is a 'doing' word ... 'made' is a suitable candidate>>

                    "manifest" is not.

                    PS: In that string of characters, the ACTION word is 'is.'