Re: MRCA...which figure? 15,000 to 5,000 or the 5,000 to 2,000?

  • Truman
    Message 1 of 88 , Jun 30, 2011
      --- In creationevolutiondebate@yahoogroups.com, Herb Ayres <hkayres@...> wrote:

      > In the wikipedia under Most Recent Common Ancestor under the
      > heading of "MRCA of all living human beings" it says in the
      > last line of between 5,000 to 2,000 years ago.
      > The next heading of "Identical Ancestors Point" it using the
      > figure of 15,000 to 5,000 years.

      In answer to your question, "which figure?" its 5K to 2K. Its not the MRCA of ALL humans that ever existed, but "The MRCA of everyone alive today could thus have co-existed with a large human population, most of whom either have no living descendants today or else are ancestors of a subset of people alive today."

      The IAP not MRCA, is 15K to 5K. The IAP includes lines of descent that did not survive to the present.

      > OK, everyone, tell me the logistics of races, languages, and
      > travel in such a short period of time because it had to start
      > from our common ancestor...

      You seem to be assuming that "race, language, and travel" began with the MRCA, when anatomically modern humans appeared over 200K years ago.

      So the period of time is not short.

      Hope that helps.

      Truman

      > Isaac...you can join since I answered your yesterday's question in a novelette, just about.

    • T
      Message 88 of 88 , Jul 6, 2011
        He can get away with it and so he does as he is inclined. He is like you, Anonymous Troll.

        Timothy E. Kennelly