Re: Biogeographic Evidence

  • asestria2
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2011
      --- In creationevolutiondebate@yahoogroups.com, Carol Smith <humanist@...> wrote:

      > "The biogeographic evidence for evolution is now so powerful that I have never
      > seen a creationist book, article, or lecture that has tried to refute it.
      > Creationists simply pretend that the evidence doesn't exist." --Jerry Coyne

      I don't pretend there is no evidence for evolution...I "know" there is no evidence for evolution. Evolution is the biggest farce going and it will be buried deeper than the fossils scientist dug up ans claimed them to be proof.
    • Eric
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2011
        Carol Smith humanist@ wrote:

        > > "The biogeographic evidence for evolution is now so powerful that I
        have never
        > > seen a creationist book, article, or lecture that has tried to
        refute it.
        > > Creationists simply pretend that the evidence doesn't exist."
        --Jerry Coyne

        Asestria: > I don't pretend there is no evidence for evolution...I
        "know" there is no evidence for evolution. >

        ...he said, pretending there is no evidence....

        Asestria: > Evolution is the biggest farce going and it will be buried
        deeper than the fossils scientist dug up ans claimed them to be proof.

        Your confidence would be a lot more impressive if you could begin
        burying it now with some evidence and reasoning. But of course you seem
        completely unable to even pretend to take a stab at it... I wonder
        why. Not.

        Eric

      • Truman
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 1, 2011
          --- In creationevolutiondebate@yahoogroups.com, "asestria2" <asestria2@...> wrote:

          > --- In creationevolutiondebate@yahoogroups.com, Carol Smith <humanist@> wrote:
          > >
          > > "The biogeographic evidence for evolution is now so powerful that I have never
          > > seen a creationist book, article, or lecture that has tried to refute it.
          > > Creationists simply pretend that the evidence doesn't exist." --Jerry Coyne

          > I don't pretend there is no evidence for evolution...I "know" there is no evidence for evolution. Evolution is the biggest farce going and it will be buried deeper than the fossils scientist dug up ans claimed them to be proof.

          Out of curiosity, what is the fact of something like kangaroo's and their fossils being found on Australia and no where else evidence for?

          Truman
        • SH
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 2, 2011
            --- In creationevolutiondebate@yahoogroups.com, "asestria2" <asestria2@...> wrote:

            > --- In creationevolutiondebate@yahoogroups.com, Carol Smith <humanist@> wrote:
            > >
            > > "The biogeographic evidence for evolution is now so powerful that I have never
            > > seen a creationist book, article, or lecture that has tried to refute it.
            > > Creationists simply pretend that the evidence doesn't exist." --Jerry Coyne

            > I don't pretend there is no evidence for evolution...I "know" there > is no evidence for evolution.

            Tin: What you "know" is wrong.

            An outline of the mountain of evidence appears below. And indeed biogeography is one example category of evidence for evolution. Elaboration on request.

            -------Evidence for Evolution---

            --General Categories of Evidence--
            1. The Fossil Record;
            2. Biogeography;
            3. The Nested Hierarchy;
            4. Genetics;
            5. Directly observed evolution, including speciation.
            *Elaboration on request.

            --Specific Evidence--
            Overall Fossil Record Order
            first simple single celled life (prokaryotes) below
            first simple single celled life (with photosynthesis) below
            first complex single celled life (eukaryotes) below
            first multi-cellular organisms below
            first shelled organisms below
            first insects below
            first amphibians below
            first reptiles below
            first dinosaurs below
            first birds below
            first placental mammals below
            first apes below
            first hominids
          • Alan
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 2, 2011
              --- In creationevolutiondebate@yahoogroups.com, "asestria2" <asestria2@...> wrote:

              > Evolution is the biggest farce going

              No, I think you'll find that is 'Fawlty Towers'. Or 'Some Like It Hot'. On the stage, perhaps 'No Sex Please We're British'.

              Evolution is a scientific theory. It is the only theory which adequately explains life's diversity and distribution.

              However, since farce is defined, in part, as 'comedy which aims to entertain the audience by means of unlikely, extravagant, and improbable situations', I think we can include Creation Science in the genre.
            • SH
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 2, 2011
                > Evolution is the biggest farce going

                Tin: That's interesting because intelligent, educated people who are familiar with the facts make the exact oppostite conclusion.

                Did you know that intelligent and educated Christians are increasingly accepting the reality of biological evolution ?

                What makes you so different ?

                > and it will be buried deeper
                > than the fossils scientist dug up ans claimed them to be proof.

                Tin: Creationists have been claiming this for over 150 years .. a timeframe within which evolution has only grown stronger with more evidence and broader acceptance among the knowledgeable.
              • Dave Oldridge
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 4, 2011
                  On 01/03/2011 5:50 AM, asestria2 wrote:

                  > --- In creationevolutiondebate@yahoogroups.com, Carol Smith<humanist@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >> "The biogeographic evidence for evolution is now so powerful that I have never
                  >> seen a creationist book, article, or lecture that has tried to refute it.
                  >> Creationists simply pretend that the evidence doesn't exist." --Jerry Coyne

                  > I don't pretend there is no evidence for evolution...I "know" there is no evidence for evolution. Evolution is the biggest farce going and it will be buried deeper than the fossils scientist dug up ans claimed them to be proof.

                  You are a liar, pure and simple. Do NOT EVER claim to know what you do
                  not. You will almost always be caught.

                  By the way, care to put any date on your false prophecy above?

                  --
                  Dave Oldridge
                  Skype: daveoldridge