The resistance of science to the concept of non-dualism.

  • mercuryawakening
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2011
      Thanks Carol,

      "As the methods of science reward us with better explanations of
      causality, they give birth to new paradigms built on new validated
      truths. We are not surprised when these new truths are attacked by those
      who fear the advance of science or who, for an array reasons, may hold
      the scientist and his science in contempt. But we are stunned when those
      who honor science and its achievements (who may even earn their bread
      within the realm of science) attack the most verified and confirmed
      scientific truths. This is a curious aberration that demands an
      explanation."

      The resistance of science to the concept of non-dualism.

      European causation is based on an image
      rather like billiard balls touching each other in a line,
      the idea being if we take a cue and strike one ball at the end,
      the motion of the cue is transmitted through all the billiard balls
      and the end one then rolls away.

      This is a concept of causality where a blow is being struck,
      imparted to a material form by another material form,
      which has been set in motion.
      The word cause - Latin `causus' - to strike.
      The European concept of causation therefore
      is a force applied, producing a change.

      But in Indian philosophy there is another concept of causality
      ... the effect of a cause is simply the energy of the cause expressing itself.
      The effect is the ex-fact.
      The fact is `facere', to do ... the cause is the force.

      Instead of in the linear sense, like European causation,
      when we look at this causality concept
      let's look at it in terms of field force,
      the infinite sentient power of the universe is a field of force.

      Einstein called it a uni-field, because he believed
      that there is just one field.
      In the concepts of the Advaita of the non dualistic philosophy in India,
      this concept of monism is inferior to the concept of non-dualism.
      Einstein's uni-field is a field which is considered to be a continuum of force.
      This field of force demonstrates its creativity by condensing onto centres.
      In this Einstein theory, matter is simply the zone
      where the lines of force of the field are condensed.

      If we take this Indian concept, we have a field,
      the infinite, the Absolute, and in its Absoluteness
      it is beyond all conception.
      It is the para-Brahman, the beyond-the-Brahman.
      Brahman is the worship of God,
      and the idea of a god that is worshipped presupposes a worshipper.
      This is a dualistic concept,
      where the worshipper and the worshipped are separated.

      But there must be some unifying factor
      behind the worshipper and the worshipped,
      and this must be beyond both
      - this `para' means beyond, as it does in paradox, beyond the opinion.

      This field of force presses in towards a centre
      and in its contraction, in its con-centration,
      it develops an objective world.

      I realise that this may be anathema to conventional scientific thought,
      but what if the field is Sentient Power?

      What if we represent the undulating form
      of Absolute motion as a serpent,
      and the positing of this
      is when this undulating motion turns upon itself,
      and thus stimulates a zone circumscribed,
      which can serve as a centre on which one can press.
      The field then condenses, condemns itself, to self objectification.

      Every thing is composed of rotations of energy.

      Now in this concept of causality
      the effect is simply the cause ... involved.

      The causal power has willed into a centre and condensed itself,
      and the object in the centre is simply the causal power condensed.
      So it is not a linear, serial concept
      like the billiard balls of Western causality.
      It is the concept of creative causality
      where the created thing is simply the causal power, self objectified.
    • stevesommers56
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2011
        --- In creationevolutiondebate@yahoogroups.com, "mercuryawakening" <mercuryawakening@...> wrote:

        > The word cause - Latin `causus' - to strike.

        The word is "causa" and it doesn't mean "to strike." It means just about exactly the same thing as the English word "cause." Of course, "causa" is the root of the word "cause."
      • mercuryawakening
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 5, 2011
          Thanks for the correction Steve.

          Causa is connected with the Latin cudere: strike, beat, knock;
          and the Lithuanian kauti: strike, struggle.

          Cause is the Ultimate Power.
          The effect is this universe of phenomena.

          Every phenomenon is itself pursing a cause.
          Karma driven by desire — karma, cupidity —
          and having to pay the price of its own directives.
          This is what Aristotle called cause-and-effect.
          Apparently it's got rid of god,
          but the god it got rid of is a pseudo-god,
          not a true god, not a true, Absolute, Infinite god.
          The particularised gods, worshipped in
          the various temples and churches are not Ultimate,
          and therefore not truly god.

          Einstein substituted 'continuum' for 'god',
          but it's really all the same thing: the field of power
          in which we live, move and have our being.

          Is the continuum from which we derive intelligent,
          or are we naive enough to think that
          intelligence somehow springs out of
          that which is unintelligent?
          If you follow the line of reasoning
          of the holographic universalists,
          then each of us is a shard
          of the fullness of Universal Intelligence.

          It is simply a matter of what we choose to believe
          ... and belief is an act of will.

          If we believe that the universe is indeed intelligent,
          (anathema to the hard-headed materialist)
          then as finite empirically centred beings,
          we cannot control the infinity of data
          that are available to the infinite.
          So in fact it means we are literally at the mercy
          of an Infinite Field of Sentient Power
          which knows what we are because we are its modifications.

          We are its modalities, we are its impressions,
          and it is in charge of our behaviour, our thought,
          our feeling, our will, and it allows us to operate
          in any way we care to, and then responds
          to our mode of expression with its own type of response
          which we, as empirical egoic beings
          cannot ultimately anticipate,
          and can't ultimately control.

          Love,