Re: [creationevolutiondebate] Re: Creation or Evolution

  • Dave Oldridge
    Message 1 of 189 , Sep 1, 2008
      On 30 Aug 2008 at 21:58, tykemorris wrote:

      > --- In creationevolutiondebate@yahoogroups.com, "seniorclucky"
      > <jdbeadle@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In creationevolutiondebate@yahoogroups.com, "tykemorris"
      > > <tykemorris@> wrote:
      > > > 1. The creation of the first living thing certainly required
      > > > intelligence, and this intelligence could not technically be
      > > > considered intrinsic to an organism or protocell.
      > > >

      > > Why "certainly required intelligence"? Your say so? Because
      > it
      > seems
      > > so obvious to you? Meanwhile, plenty of alternative theories
      > need
      > no
      > > intelligence so "certainly" doesn't seem so certain unless you
      > go
      > on
      > > blind faith. Which you seem to do.
      > Tyke: "Plenty of alternative theories"? Such as?
      >
      > Mainstream science, which you seem so fond of claiming the
      > support of, does NOT buy into any of the attempts at
      > explaining the origin of life as a really lucky combination of
      > certain materials. We now more clearly understand that all
      > reproduction, metabolism, growth and healing requires the
      > intelligent animation of matter. The very first living things
      > needed at least some of those abilities.

      Define "living thing."

      And argument from personal incredulity and by asserting the
      consequent are both fallacies.

      > It seems that you reject mainstream science when it is
      > convenient for you to do so, yet you use this false claim of
      > their support as your only argument otherwise.

      Science has no positive physical evidence of divine intervention
      in the origin of life. If such intervention was/is present, it
      has so far eluded the detection methods used by science.

      > > > 5. Mammary glands do not benefit the host mammal, but a
      > separate
      > > > organism - their offspring.
      > >
      > > Caring for your young via mammary glands benefits the species.
      > Hello.
      > Tyke: Gosh golly gee, I hadn't realized this! Good thing you
      > materialists are so smart to explain this to the IDist
      > evolutionists.

      > Ralph asked whether or not there is any evidence of extrinsic
      > intelligence, or at least that is how I understood his line of
      > questioning. Intrinsic intelligence is internal to an organism.
      > External intelligence requires extra-organismal design, of which
      > mammary glands are a prime example.

      Uh, hardly. Once again you argue by asserting your consequent,
      not by adducing actual evidence. HOW does divine intervention
      act to produce mammary glands? WHY IS IT ACTUALLY NECESSARY?
      Animals that are able to give their young a good start will
      succeed where others fail. That's Darwinian evolution pure and
      simple.

      And very primitive forms of the mammary mechanism still exist.
      Check out the monotreme mammals.

      --

      Dave Oldridge
      ICQ 454777283