Re: Creationists work hard for scientific ignorance. Why stop now?

  • deanf54
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2008
      --- In creationevolutiondebate@yahoogroups.com, "Todd S. Greene"

      http://www.miamiherald.com/news/columnists/carl_hiaasen/story/421075.html
      > [link may be line-wrapped]
      >
      > Enjoy!
      >
      > - Todd Greene

      I really get tired of hearing how evolution is no longer a theory but
      is now a proven fact. I ask, "How is it a proven fact?" There is one
      main question I have evolutionist to answer for well over 40 years now
      and I am still waiting for an answer and I suspect that I will never
      get an answer. The question is quite simple, "Taking into
      consideration all totally and completely proven scientific facts
      leaving none out what caused all things to become as they are today?"
      Simpler form, "What force was applied to cause everything to start
      into motion?" Until that question is answered then in my opinion
      evolution is and shall always remain just a theory.
      Do I believe that the earth is billions of years old? Yes, because it
      has been scientifically proven to be so.
      Do I believe that large creatures roamed the earth during that time
      that we call Dinosaurs? Yes, again because it has been scientifically
      proven.
      Does me believing in this in any way conflict with me believing the
      bible account of how God created all thing? No, in fact I find, after
      over 30 years of studying the bible, that it supports what I believe.
      Let me explain, I am what is called a Gappist. Now a Gappist is
      someone who believes that there was a span of time between Gen.1:1 and
      Gen. 1:2. Now since scientist have proven that the earth is almost
      certainly over a billion years old then as I do not know just how long
      of time lapped between Gen. 1:1 and Gen. 1:2 I have no problem
      accepting that idea.
      How do I accept idea of creatures we call dinosaurs to have existed
      upon the earth, because of what God said unto Job. God describes to
      Job two creatures which He, God, had created and Job at no time
      disputed God on the matter. The first creature God describes He
      called, Behemoth, God's description of this creature is located in Job
      40:15-24. The next creature God calls, Leviathan, and He describes it
      in Job 41:1-34. Now by God's description of both creatures neither of
      them are in existent today.
      So I have never had any problem accepting anything that science has
      proven to be fact.