Re: [creationevolutiondebate] Pressing Piasan on Definitions, Again

  • Morrowitz@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2006
      Thanks again, drewsmith, for seeking to damage control Piasan and his
      unexplained LACK of reply to my press for Definitions. >>

      Your refusal to accept the definitions I have already provided to you and/or
      the list (several times now) does not constitute a lack of response on my
      part. Piasan>>

      Not a smooth evasion, again. Here is what you said, and here is my correction
      to you. And, your nonanswer is noted. Try again?

      Piasan writes: "Evolution is a scientific term, scientists get to define it.
      Just as "kinds" is a creationist term and creationists get to define it."

      Morrowitz responds: "Evolution is a "scientific term", you say? Then before
      Darwin, do you claim the word did not exist, that it has not had much
      earlier usage outside the realm of "your science"?"

    • PIASAN@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2006
        Morrowitz@... writes:

        Thanks again, drewsmith, for seeking to damage control Piasan and his
        unexplained LACK of reply to my press for Definitions. >>
        Pi:
        Your refusal to accept the definitions I have already provided to you
        and/or
        the list (several times now) does not constitute a lack of response on my
        part.
        Morro:
        Not a smooth evasion, again. Here is what you said, and here is my
        correction
        to you. And, your nonanswer is noted. Try again?
        ***************
        Pi:
        Ok. For at least the LAST time:
        evolution: A change in allele frequencies in a population over time.
        species: A population of organisms capable of reproducing viable, fertile
        offspring.
        Bonus definition:
        speciation: The formation of new species.
        ******************

        Piasan writes: "Evolution is a scientific term, scientists get to define it.
        Just as "kinds" is a creationist term and creationists get to define it."

        Morrowitz responds: "Evolution is a "scientific term", you say? Then before
        Darwin, do you claim the word did not exist,
        Pi:
        No. Just as I do not claim the words "energy" or "mass" did not exist
        before Newton. But "energy" and "mass" have very precise definitions when used in
        science.

        Morro: that it has not had much earlier usage outside the realm of "your
        science"?"