Re: ID Opens Astronomer's Mind

  • Randy Raymond
    Message 1 of 74 , Dec 1, 2005
      --- In creationevolutiondebate@yahoogroups.com, "Gabor Horvath"
      <gabor.horvath@s...> wrote:

      > Randy: R:
      > I've heard numerous other biblical
      > justifications for their racism, but I believe that one is the most
      > common.
      >
      > Gabor:
      > How familiar are you with the teachings nad person of Christ Randy?
      > I even a little bit you know about both, do you think that Christ
      > would be the member of KKK?
      >
      > I hope it is not hard for you to give the right answer Randy.
      >
      > Thanks: Gabor

      Randy:

      Don't put that question to me Gabor. I don't believe the person (if
      he existed) to whom most of the words of the gospels are attributed,
      would want to be associated with ANY existing "Christian" church, and
      that definitely includes yours. But put your question to a Klansman.
      I guarantee you that he would tell you that Christ WOULD BE a member
      of the KKK, and could quote you chapter and verse justifying why he
      thought so. The Klan does not use the cross as their symbol because
      they think it looks pretty. The members of the Klan believe that they
      are better Christians than you, and believe me they are, every single
      one of them, creationists.
    • mtong5@juno.com
      Message 74 of 74 , Jan 6, 2006
        > Michael: Racism is not simply a belief that races have genetic
        > differences but that because of these differences one race is superior.

        > An example is early evolutionists. Following is an except from
        Hunter's
        > A Civic Biology, the biology textbook used by Scopes.
        >
        > "Although anatomically there is a greater difference between the lowest
        > type of monkey and the highest type of ape than there is between the
        > highest type of ape and the lowest savage, yet there is an immense
        mental
        > gap between monkey and man … . At the present time there exist upon the
        > earth five races or varieties of man, each very different from the
        others
        > > Michael: Racism is not simply a belief that races have genetic
        > differences but that because of these differences one race is
        superior. An example is early evolutionists. Following is an except
        from Hunter's A Civic Biology, the biology textbook used by Scopes.

        > "Although anatomically there is a greater difference between the
        lowest type of monkey and the highest type of ape than there is
        between the highest type of ape and the lowest savage, yet there is
        an immense mental gap between monkey and man … . At the present time
        there exist upon the earth five races or varieties of man, each very
        different from the others in instincts, social customs, and, to an
        extent, in structure. These are the Ethiopian or negro type,
        originating in Africa; the Malay or brown race, from the islands of
        the Pacific; the American Indian; the Mongolian or yellow race,
        including the natives of China, Japan and the Eskimos; and finally,
        the highest type of all, the Caucasians, represented by the civilized
        white inhabitants of Europe and America."16
        Randy:

        Michael, to say that one race is more intelligent or more physically
        attractive than another is to say that race is superior period. You
        know it, I know it, everybody in this group knows it. You're a racist
        and you are defending it with ID. You're a perfect example to all the
        creationists on this board that creationism CAN be used (though in
        your case it's a very strange defense) to defend racism.

        Michael: Then what race is superior? Also, differences apply to
        individuals. Who is the superior human being, Bill Gates or Brad Pitt?

        Craig: The 'five races' as listed here is a socialogical difference and
        says
        zip about evolution. I also notice that we are again trotting out an
        80 year old textbook. You notice how all these representations
        require that whatever is scientifically discovered and published, no
        matter how old, must remain forever static.

        So from this we can imply that the peroidic table is useless.
        Aristotle said there were four elements, there cannot possibly be
        more than that. All scientific discoveries since then prove what a
        fraud chemistry is.

        Michael: From the context, he is not talking about sociological
        differences. He says "each very different from the others in instincts,
        social customs, and, to an extent, in structure." Also, reference a
        source which claims Hunter is referring to sociological differences.
        What peer-reviewed studies provided the basis for the above racial
        hierarchy?