the scopes issue...was: racism and the scopes trial

  • PIASAN@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31 9:01 PM
      In a message dated 7/30/05 12:09:05 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
      mtong5@... writes:

      1) But evolutionists could have denounced Hunter's book, A Civic Biology
      in the news media. They could have said that although they accept
      evolution, they do not agree with the book's racism.
      **********
      Pi:
      Creationists could also have denounced Hunter's book on the grounds of
      racism. They didn't. What they said was that Hunter's book presented a theory of
      origins other than Biblical creationism. The issue of the trial was whether
      or not Scopes taught a theory of origins other than Biblical creationism in
      violation of Tennessee's Butler Act.

      Michael:
      2) I'm talking about early evolutionists beginning with Darwin and
      extending at least up to 1925.