Re: Invention of wheel in Americas?

  • swinada2000
    Message 1 of 67 , Aug 1 4:03 PM
      --- In creationevolutiondebate@y..., Michael Tong <mtong5@j...> wrote:
      > > > The Amerindians achieved about half of the 21 components in the
      Maya
      > > > society of Guatemala, a little less in the Inca and Aztec
      > > societies, but
      > > > these people never invented a written script, the wheel (except
      > > possibly
      > > > in children's toys), the principle of the arch in their
      > > architecture,
      > > > metal working, or money for the exchange of goods.

      Why would they need a wheel? may be the wheel was something they
      didnt need anymore, it was just for toys.
      Did you ever figure out how they build their cities. How were they
      capable of getting rocks, weighing many tons, up a almost straight
      1000 m cliff. And how did they join these rocks together that they
      fit so perfectly that even today you cant get a paper inbetween.
      Humans today couldnt accomplish with the present day technology what
      the Mayans and Inca's did back then.
      Just because we didnt find something it doesnt meen it didnt exist.

      > Iagofest: It seems rather ridiculous to assume that Native American
      > cultures
      > didn't use the wheel in everyday society except in toys. Why would
      > they make toys with wheels, but neglect to use this very useful
      > invention to build the huge structures found throughout central and
      > south America? Typically, I think most toys are based on larger,
      > common things, e.g. toy boats, toy trucks etc. Why wouldn't this be
      > true for the Native Americans? Some might say, well, we've never
      > found actual wheels. But think of the conditions in mesoamerica.
      If
      > they had wheel made of would, they would be one of the first things
      > rot away. Many of the famous stone ruins in the Yucatan penisula
      > looked like hills because of the overgrowth of vegetation. Tropical
      > climates are not conductive to preserving artifacts.
      >
      > Michael: Had they had wheels, there probably would have been
      pictures of
      > them in Amerindian pictures and mention of them by the Spaniards.
      > Although the Mayans lived in the tropics, the Incan and Aztec
      empires
      > extended beyond the tropics.
      >
      > Iagofest: I also agree that these "rules" of civilization are rather
      > arbitrary.
      > Also what do you mean the Mayans didn't develop a written script?
      > Their building are covered with glyphs and they left stellae that
      > recorded their history.
      >
      > Michael: The twenty-one criteria for civilization might be
      arbitrary but
      > they correlate with racial intelligence. Early psychologists
      proposed
      > that civilization results from the presence in a population of very
      > talented people. Because there will be more of these in a
      population
      > where the average level of intelligence is high, the intelligence
      levels
      > of populations can be inferred from their intellectual
      achievements.
      > Caucasoid peoples developed all 21 components of civilization in
      four
      > independent locations, the Sumerian in the valley of the Tigris and
      the
      > Euphrates, the Cretan, the Indus Valley, and the ancient Egyptian.
      The
      > Mongoloids also developed a full civilization in the Sinic
      civilization
      > in China. Amerindians achieve around half of the twenty-one
      criteria
      > whereas the Negroids and Australian aborigines achieved virtually
      none of
      > the criteria. On intelligence tests Orientals score the highest,
      > followed by Caucasians, then Amerindians and last blacks. The 16th
      > criteria is "they use a script (not simply a succession of
      pictures) to
      > communicate ideas." The writing of the Mayans is probably viewed
      as a
      > succession of pictures.
      >
      > The question for evolutionists is how the same environmental
      conditions
      > which produced the most intelligent Homo gave rise to the least
      > intelligent Homo sapien race. The best explanation is that the
      races
      > were created with different talents. This does not necessarily
      mean that
      > all the races were created separately; humans breed different
      varieties
      > of plants and animals by isolating the plants and animals with the
      > desired characteristics.
      >
      > Yours truly,
      > Michael
    • swinada2000