Re: Vince!!! Where are you???/Q

  • jadecollinsuk
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 1, 2002
      Leon Albert wrote:
      > In actual meetings of creationists AS creationists, they appear
      to have an almost phobic fear of expressing disagreements with one
      another.

      I've noticed this on both message boards and mailing lists. More to
      the point they don't even *support* each other. A creationist will
      come along, post their piece, and end up debating with a group of
      evolutionists. Whilst the evolutionists support and , yes, crticise,
      each other's arguments, the poor creationist is left to fight his or
      her corner alone.

      Note that this it is unlikely that support is being provided 'off-
      list'. One of the message boards I am on prohibits any personal
      information, including e-mail addresses. It is virtually impossible
      to find out who the other correspondents are; all discussion is
      carried out in public. And the creationists each fight their corner
      alone.

      It seems to be a fear that if one supports another, they may turn out
      to be the 'wrong kind' of creationist. Their beliefs require them to
      all have their story straight, and they know that between themselves
      it isn't. By not acknowledging each other's existence, they hope that
      no-one will notice.

      Jade