Re: [creation_evolution_debate] Re: Empiricism and descent

  • eduard at home
    Message 1 of 87 , Sep 1, 2006
      LA> Fair enough, but then no one has even
      presented any "forensic" evidence for evolution at
      all and THAT is the problem. All the evidence
      best supports Creation! For example, the famous
      atheistic evolutionist, Richard (Blind Watchmaker)
      Dawkins, has freely admitted that;

      eduard ---
      What evidence supports Creation??

      LA> I just provided it from Richard (Blind
      Watchmaker) Dawkins, of course. So you DELETED
      that and then ask the same question again. You
      are obviously NOT being serious at all.

      eduard ---
      In any case, Dawkins does not address the
      creation of the universe ... only a watch. So I
      ask you again ... what evidence supports
      Creation??

      LA> So long as the evidence that Dawkin's has
      provided is strong support for a Creator, than the
      case is still valid. However, the so-called Big
      Bang hypothesis seems to have convinced lots of
      scientists to reject atheism and to conclude that
      there must be a Creator.
      LA> Such people do NOT necessarily become
      Christians of course. Some call themselves
      "deists" and others call themselves "theists" or
      "theistic evolutionists" and still others call
      themselves "Progressive creationists" and try to
      make all sorts of "compromises" and
      "accommodations" when they imagine that they are
      also Christians!
      LA> Thus in the last few decades there has been a
      strong swing in many areas of science to belief in
      a Creator and Intelligent Design. Even YOU said in
      a previous message that, you don't have much
      problem with there being a Creator for the
      universe and you said that what you absolutely
      could NOT accept was an active Creator --
      persumably meaning that this amounts to
      Christianity and the ethical and moral code that
      goes with it!

      eduard ---
      Laurie's refusal to answer the question is
      noted.

      What I find most interesting in this response
      is the insinuation that the atheist does not have
      an ethical and moral code. But then given the
      assumption that you are a Christian and do* have a
      code, why is it that you do not follow it??
    • Leon Albert, Prof. of Anthropology, ret.
      Message 87 of 87 , Sep 6, 2006
        Roger, what we need to be determining is some empirical evidence for
        evolution. What experiments or observations of "man evolving from
        nonhuman ancestors" can you point to? Where are they in the scientific
        literature? Let us do a forensic examination of them.--Ed

        Consider the following from the "scientific literature" (as IF you had the slightest interest in, or knowledge of it, Ed) JUST for hominid evolution:

        Sahelanthropus tchadensis (320–380cc), ca. 6-7mya.
        Ardipithecus ramidus (dental and postcranial remains), ca. 5-6mya.
        Orrorin turgenesis (postcranial), ca. 5mya.
        Australopithecus anamensis (cranial capacity unknown), ca. 4.9-5.2mya.
        A. afarensis (mean of 470cc, range 375-540cc), ca. 3.8-2.8mya.
        A. bahrelghazali (cranial capacity unknown), ca. 2.8-3.2mya.
        A. africanus (440-480cc), ca. 2.2-2.6mya.
        A. garhi (c. 450cc), ca. 2.3-2.6mya.
        A. robustus (c. 475cc), ca. 1.4-1.8mya.
        A. boisei (c. 450cc), ca. 1.2-1.8mya.
        A. aethiopicus (c. 410cc), ca. 2-2.4mya.
        H. habilis (c. 500-800cc), ca. 1.8-2.1mya.
        H. ergaster (c. 1100-1434), ca. 1.3-1.8mya.
        H. erectus (c. 725-1250cc), ca.250kya. - 1.3mya.
        H. heidelbergensis (c. 1300cc), ca. 300-170kya
        H. neanderthalensis (c. 1350-1600cc), ca. 200-35kya.
        H. floresiensis (c. 850cc), ca. 18-13kya.
        H. sapiens (c.1300-1500cc), ca. 170kya-present