Re: Moses + 51

  • Schubidoo <schubidoo@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 580 , Jan 1, 2003
      --- In creation_evolution_debate@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Davis"
      <keykrazy@e...> wrote:
      > [Quote left by Shoob]:
      > "Evangelicals often have a tendency to find implausible solutions
      > difficulties in the Bible and to be satisfied that they have once
      > again vindicated the Word of God. On the other hand, critical
      > scholars tend to find errors in the Bible where none exist."
      > Daniel B. Wallace, Ph D
      >

      > Come on, now, Shubi -- you're not trying to imply the Bible's
      infallible now, are you?

      > - Brian

      No, just pointing out that critics find errors where none exist.

      All the fundie nonsense about absolute lack of error etc. is used by
      both sides. That is why I have coined the concept of fundie atheist.
      If you want to argue the Bible text with me, you will need to be more
      sophisticated, understand the underlying theology passed down to us
      by the Church fathers for 2000 years and know the original languages
      and their precursors.
      shubi
    • LAlbert
      Message 580 of 580 , Jan 11, 2003

        Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 10:15 PM
        Subject: [creation_evolution_debate] Re: Theories Change

        --- In creation_evolution_debate@yahoogroups.com, "Laurie Appleton"
        <lappleto@o...> wrote:
        > Hi shubi,

        Thanks for quoting someone who is a more up to date biologist than
        Mayr, Liarton.  You are really helping me show everyone that Leon and
        hec are creationuts in drag.
        shubi

        Leon: Your religiously motivated paranoid delusions are apparently causing you to "block out" that which you do not wish to see, shubi. Note the dates of what you characterize as Liar-Laurie's "up to date" citations:  1961 and 1980. And, exactly HOW these citations further your paranoid delusion that myself and hec are creationuts is completely unspecified...yet another example of your irrational reliance on logical fallacies, this time the fallacy of argument by assertion combined with a non-sequitur. Do you and Appleton attend the same seminars on the use of logical fallacies to protect and defend your shared fundie mythology?
        Leon