Re: [creation_evolution_debate] Re: Ex-Military

  • L. K. Appleton
    Message 1 of 44 , Sep 30 8:30 PM
      Hi Leon,
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: LAlbert
      Sent: Sunday, September 29, 2002 2:25 PM
      Subject: Re: [creation_evolution_debate] Re: Ex-Military

      >   Leon: Right. The fact that Sadaam is sitting atop the 2nd biggest
      oil deposits in the world is probably completely irrelevant.

      No, it is not irrelevant.  It is an important second reason to
      invade.  The Saudis and Iranians will be overthrown, as soon as we
      control Iraq.  The support for the terrorists will dissolve.  This is
      a genius move by President Bush.  We are so blessed to have an oil
      man as President and V.P.
      shubi
      Leon relied:
      I remind you: a flood of Islamics from around the world went to Afganistan to drive out the Infidel Russians who had invaded an Islamic country. It was the Russians's version of Viet Nam. AND, the Russians were RIGHT NEXT DOOR to Afganistan! Do you want the same in Iraq where we are a world away as we were with Viet Nam?

      Leon:Those who do not learn from history are condemned to
      repeat it.
      Leon

        Surely you jest. Wasn't it the Americans who
      were virtually fighting the Russians, via the Afganistans
      anyway?  Just as it was the Americans fighting the
      Russians by a similar method in Vietnam?

      As for Iraq,  the "lesson from history" is the one that
      Bush is trying to apply there, rather than the
      blunder that the Americans and the West
      made in respect to Adolf Hitler!  The time
      is long overdue to deal with Sadaam Hussein
      before it is too late and we confronted with a
      war AFTER Iraq is as hard to defeat as was Hitler.

         "A stitch in time saves nine."
       Of course Hitler and his Nazi Party were all
      fanatical evolutionists, just like yourself, weren't
      they!

      Laurie Appleton
      lappleto@...

      In fact, evolution became in a sense a scientific religion; . . .
      Prof. H.S. Lipson, (1980)
    • LAlbert
      Message 44 of 44 , Oct 1, 2002

        >   Leon: Right. The fact that Sadaam is sitting atop the 2nd biggest
        oil deposits in the world is probably completely irrelevant.

        No, it is not irrelevant.  It is an important second reason to
        invade.  The Saudis and Iranians will be overthrown, as soon as we
        control Iraq.  The support for the terrorists will dissolve.  This is
        a genius move by President Bush.  We are so blessed to have an oil
        man as President and V.P.
        shubi
        Leon relied:
        I remind you: a flood of Islamics from around the world went to Afganistan to drive out the Infidel Russians who had invaded an Islamic country. It was the Russians's version of Viet Nam. AND, the Russians were RIGHT NEXT DOOR to Afganistan! Do you want the same in Iraq where we are a world away as we were with Viet Nam?

        Leon:Those who do not learn from history are condemned to
        repeat it.
        Leon

          Surely you jest. Wasn't it the Americans who
        were virtually fighting the Russians, via the Afganistans
        anyway?

        Leon: We JUST supplied arms, the same arms that will be used against us in Iraq. We ALSO armed the Iranians, and THOSE arms will ALSO be used against us in Iraq. Arms and men will flow in from throughout the Islamic world.

        Just as it was the Americans fighting the
        Russians by a similar method in Vietnam?

        Leon: Have you ALREADY forgotten what happened to us in Vietnam, Laurie?

        As for Iraq,  the "lesson from history" is the one that
        Bush is trying to apply there, rather than the
        blunder that the Americans and the West
        made in respect to Adolf Hitler!  The time
        is long overdue to deal with Sadaam Hussein
        before it is too late and we confronted with a
        war AFTER Iraq is as hard to defeat as was Hitler.

           "A stitch in time saves nine."

        Leon: Hitler conquered ALL of Europe, most of Russia, as well as N. Africa. Iraq made one short-lived incursion into Kuwait. Notice any difference, Laurie? Are you PERSONALLY going to fight untold numbers of Islamic fanatics to give Bush's Big-Oil Buddies MORE oil?
         Of course Hitler and his Nazi Party were all
        fanatical evolutionists, just like yourself, weren't
        they!

        Leon: No. Hitler and his cohorts knew about as much about evolution as you do, Laurie, i.e., diddly-squat. He and the rest of the Germans fought in the "name" of Christianity.

        Laurie Appleton
        Leon Albert

        P.S. Congratulations! You actually finally managed to make a posting without relying on a single mangled use of someone else's "authority."