Re: Word Games

  • averylinden
    Message 1 of 58 , Nov 1, 2005
      --- In creation_evolution_debate@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Lynch
      <njcunewbie@y...> wrote:

      > tinroad66 <tinroad66@y...> wrote:
      >
      > > > Goober: Evolutionists talk with words sounding highly
      > > >
      > > > Tin: Well Goober, you certainly have done a masterful job
      of
      > > avoiding
      > > > that "problem". By nurturing your utter ignorance of the
      > > process,
      > > > facts, theories and principles of science --- and instead
      > just
      > > making
      > > > stuff up as you go along -- we can surely categorize YOU as
      > non-
      > > > authority on all things scientific.
      > > > Leon: You are way too "kind" to Garbor and his
      fundamentalist
      > > ilk, Tin. They are also high masters of being great non-
      > authorities
      > > on all things religious, ESPECIALLY regarding their OWN
      religion!

      > > Tin: It is extra comical to watch people outhink poor gabor
      even
      > on
      > > topics like his favorite book.
      > >
      > > It's like g has no idea that he's making a fool of himself.
      > >
      > > Leon: Remember, Tin, the same book that Gabor idolizes also
      > actually encourages him to take being IDENTIFIED as a "fool" as a
      > SIGN of the LEGITIMACY of his own foolishness!
      >
      > Tin: Goober has master the art of tricking himself.
      >

      > This is a MASTERFUL use of pure sophistry by the early Christian
      > ideologues.
      >
      > Tin: Then Goober is puzzled when his "logic" fails to convince.
      >

      > The irony in only further intensified when one considers that the
      > same book identifies anyone who DENIES its god as a "fool!" The
      > Bible is TRULY a virtual textbook for learning HOW to think
      > illogically, not to mention anti-scientifically!
      > >

      > Tin: Goober is a perfect fit !
      >

      > Chris - -> I am curious, why must the 'scholars' in this group
      resort to constant strands of insults? It sounds relatively
      childish. :S

      When have I ever insulted you, or just about anyone else, Chris? Why
      don't you respond to the substance of the issues, rather than
      focusing on the insults and other trivial sidebars? If you are truly
      concerned about learning the details of the topics discussed, don't
      you think focusing on the core facts, comments and evidence would be
      much more important than distracting the conversation for questions
      about insults?

      Thomas
    • Leon Albert, Prof. of Anthropology, ret.
      Message 58 of 58 , Nov 2, 2005

        Sent: Monday, October 31, 2005 12:31 PM
        Subject: Re: [creation_evolution_debate] Re: Word Games

        tinroad66 <tinroad66@...> wrote:

        > The irony in only further intensified when one considers that the
        > same book identifies anyone who DENIES its god as a "fool!"  The
        > Bible is TRULY a virtual textbook for learning HOW to think
        > illogically, not to mention anti-scientifically!
        > >

        > Tin:   Goober is a perfect fit !
        >

        > Chris - -> I am curious, why must the 'scholars' in this group
        resort to constant strands of insults?

        Tin: Oh that's so easy !   Since the creationists are unable to
        discuss any topics on an intellectual basis, since they are in fact a
        debate joke, really the only thing left is point out they are a joke.

          What's so wrong with having a little fun at your expense, Chris ?

        It sounds relatively childish. :S

        Tin:  I think it's funny.  It's certainly more entertaining t! han a
        dry cataloging of all the creationist errors in logic and facts.

           And really to fail to point out that joke nature of Goober,
        Simpleton and others' comments would be almost dishonest.

           When someone is a joke, it's important to point that out.

        Howie> Exactly where is the irony, of pointing out, those who ignore the obvious, are fools?

        Leon: LOL! Howie can't even see the "irony" contained in his own question.  Thanks for being a continuous souce of unintended humor, Howie. All fundamentalists are.