RE: [creation_evolution_debate] Re: Caucasian Physical Features and High Heels

  • Joe Martin
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 8, 2013

      From: creation_evolution_debate@yahoogroups.com [mailto:creation_evolution_debate@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of isaac
      Sent: March-08-13 5:43 PM
      To: creation_evolution_debate@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [creation_evolution_debate] Re: Caucasian Physical Features and High Heels

      --- In creation_evolution_debate@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Tong" <mtong8@...> wrote:

      > Michael: First I will repost my two hypotheses which Joe is talking abou ...
      >
      > JM> Oh give it up, Mikey... Tong... you're an Asian guy.... you've got a
      > hard on for tall blond Caucasian girls... That ain't Science... it's a
      > fetish... go get laid and come back with some REAL science...
      >
      > Michael: First I will state the my hypothesis which is being discussed and
      > which if proven true would place serious doubt on evolution and provide
      > strong support for ID.

      isaac: I wonder which is on the most lunatic crusade:
      Tong?
      Victor?
      Appleton?
      Dan Carlton?

      That's some pretty stiff competition right there

      JM>  My vote for being out the farthest on the skinny branches is Vic..

      close second would be Mikey  (Space Aliens... in high heels??!  c'mon!!)

      Spammy Danny is ...well... Spammy Dan. Copy paste and repeat... Intellectual content - 0

      And Laurie... Laurie is the Veteran YEC.  Laurie has a Terra-Byte of chopped and butchered, misquoted, out of date material to call upon as well as a personal database of his opponents that he can pull up for personal attacks when cornered on stuff he can't answer.  He can change the subject on the spin of a dime, give 9 cents change and can be counted on to argue how many beans make 5 to avoid answering a direct question on ANY subject.

      Creationism... the Maxwell Smart of Science.

    • SH
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 9, 2013

        > isaac: I wonder which is on the most lunatic crusade:
        > Tong?
        > Victor?
        > Appleton?
        > Dan Carlton?
        >
        > That's some pretty stiff competition right there

        Tin: That's easy.

        Most insane:

        1. Appleton;

        2. Carlton;

        3. Tong.

        I really don't pay attention to
        victor. He's probably the "smartest".
        Gabor was the dumbest. Appleton is
        the most mendacious. Pretty bad when
        Carlton is even your biggest liar.
        Funny.

        Imagine having a debate team
        and learning that Tong was your
        strongest player. Yikes !

        Fortunately for them they
        are far to detached from reality
        to know how bad off they are.
        They probably think they're doing
        great.

        No brain, no pain.
      • SH
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 9, 2013
          > > Michael: First I will state the my hypothesis
          > > which is being discussed and

          Tin: Your hypothesis only proves that you
          are utterly and hopelessly ignorant of
          the basics of science. Real scientific
          hypotheses include a rational real
          or theoretical mechanisms that would
          lead to anticipated findings.

          Thinking that a designer should
          share your weird paraphilias does
          not qualify.

          Sorry.
        • Michael Tong
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 15, 2013

            Michael: First I will state the my hypothesis ...

            JM>   You don't have a hypothesis Mikey... you have an opinion...  Opinions are like a$$holes... everybody has one.  The fact that you attempt to quantify your opinion does not make it a hypothesis.  This is just about as good as your Space Aliens hypothesis... just not quite as humorous.

            Michael: First I will state my hypothesis which is being discussed and which if proven true would place serious doubt on evolution and provide strong support for ID.

            All races innately find Caucasian physical features attractive.  Now I will repost the evidence supporting my hypothesis.

            From

            http://shell.newpaltz.edu/jsec/articles/volume2/issue4/NEEPSfrost.pdf

            These characters differ among human populations because "the different races of man

            differ in their taste for the beautiful" (Darwin, 1936 [1888], p. 888). Differences in taste

            would generate differences in mate-choice criteria and, over many generations,

            differences in physical appearance.

            Darwin himself doubted this explanation, citing reports of European-like ideals

            of beauty among West Africans, not only those of the coast but also "those of the interior

            who have never associated with Europeans":

            Mr. Reade found that he agreed with the negroes in their estimation of the

            beauty of the native girls; and that their appreciation of the beauty of European

            women corresponded with ours. They admire long hair, and use artificial means

            to make it appear abundant; they admire also a beard, though themselves very

            scantily provided. Mr. Reade feels doubtful what kind of nose is most

            appreciated; a girl has been heard to say, "I do not want to marry him, he has got

            no nose;" and this shows that a very flat nose is not admired (Darwin, 1936

            [1888], p. 888).

            In a footnote, Darwin added that the Amerindians of Tierra del Fuego consider European

            women to be extremely beautiful and that Sir Richard Burton "believes that a woman

            whom we consider beautiful is admired throughout the world" (Darwin, 1936 [1888], p.

            888).

            From

            http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2012435162_chinalooks25.html

            She's one of thousands of young Chinese women, and an increasing number of men, who are choosing to have eyelid reconstruction, nasal-bridge augmentation or breast enlargements in hopes of improving their chances of finding mates, getting better jobs or both.

            Young adults in cosmopolitan cities such as Shanghai have grown up surrounded by images of beautiful women with Western features. Rail passengers are surrounded by posters of wide-eyed supermodels, and larger-than-life billboards for the Zara and H&M clothing stores line the streets of Shanghai's upscale Pudong district.

            In the Shanghai shop that sells Barbie dolls, workers acknowledge that Caucasian Barbies sell well, but dolls with Asian features "just sit on the shelves."

            It's no wonder, then, that by the time women in China reach their 20s, many are seriously considering cosmetic surgery, and the explosion of wealth in China has put it within reach of many of them.

            Shanghai Generation cosmetic-surgery hospital, whose website advertises procedures such as "mandible angle plastic: farewell to square-face malformation," made headlines in February for agreeing to perform cosmetic surgery on a 21-year-old woman who hoped to get back together with her boyfriend by looking more like American actress Jessica Alba.

            Dr. Yang Yunxia, the director of New Generation's cosmetic-surgery unit, said that she and her team perform about 40,000 procedures a year, often for women who complained about "disfigurations" such as the inability to open their eyes wide or the lack of a nasal bridge.

            "Big eyes and a straight bridge are signs of beauty," Yang said. "Ladies don't like their face to be big and fat, so they want to change their face into a more beautiful shape."

            Now what is the evolutionary explanation for non-Caucasians finding Caucasian physical features attractive?

            Note that evolutionary psychologists believe that the perception of beauty is innate.  From

            http://www.evolutionary-psychology.de/

            Human nature is to a large extent universal. This includes certain beauty standards and the ways in which males and females interact. The consensus of people’s judgments of physical attractiveness is consistent with the supposition that beauty is neither arbitrary nor culture bound, but that there are general biologically based standards of beauty, shaped by underlying evolutionary selection pressures. Given that some beauty standards are universal across cultures, it seems likely that human beings have evolved mechanisms for detecting and assessing honest cues of mate value, and still choose partners according to fundamental biological principles. Although there is some agreement among evolutionary psychologists on this perspective, a number of open questions in attractiveness research remain.

            Of course, it is a hypothesis.  From

            http://www.bing.com/Dictionary/search?q=define+hypothesis&qpvt=hypothesis&FORM=DTPDIA

            hypothesis

            Definition

            hy·poth·e·sis

            [ hī póthəssiss ]

            hy·poth·e·ses

            Plural

            NOUN

            1.

            theory needing investigation: a tentative explanation for a phenomenon, used as a basis for further investigation

            "The hypothesis of the big bang is one way to explain the beginning of the universe."

            My hypothesis explains the above evidence that Amer-Indians, blacks, and Chinese find Caucasian physical features attractive.  What is your explanation?

          • SH
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 16, 2013
              > Michael: First I will state the my hypothesis ...

              Tin: Can you do it in a way that doesn't make you
              look foolish and weird ?

              BTW, any progress at all finding even one
              other person on the planet who agrees that
              strange obsession with women in high heels
              is "proof" of intelligent design ?

              Please, please, please, publish your
              ideas in public as much as possible.
            • SH