Richard Dawkins Faith

  • VictorM
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2013
      Richard Dawkins thinks evolution goes beyond the transmission of genetic variations. He uses the word meme to describe cultural transmissions, things we imitate from each other. He imagines that our ancestors got an evolutionary advantage when they began to imitate each other.

      There is no question that we learn from others, which is true also for some animals. For example, bears often imitate their mother's fishing methods. Some creatures, such as the monarch butterfly, never meet their parents. Yet they migrate thousands of miles to congregate in the same trees as their grandparents. Genetics cannot explain why Monarchs metamorphose. Memes cannot explain their unlearned, complex behaviors.

      Dawkins, rejects the biblical claim that God gives creatures their physical and behavioral traits (Job 38 - 39). His memes are actually based on faith, since no one has ever detected them. Dawkins wrote, "No, please, do not mistake passion, which can change its mind, for fundamentalism, which never will. Passion for passion, an evangelical Christian and I may be evenly matched. But we are not equally fundamentalist. The true scientist, however passionately he may believe in evolution, for example, knows exactly what would change his mind: evidence! The fundamentalist knows that nothing will."

      Dawkins cannot change his mind, because the historical basis for his system of evidence is a creed. What creed? The Bible predicts that in the last days mockers will come saying, "where is the promise of His coming?" They will obfuscate the age of the plural heavens and Earth's geological history with their first law "Greek - arche ktiseous" that "all things remain the same." Richard Dawkins inherited his faith in intrinsically unchanging matter from his western heritage.

      The Greeks were the first to try and invent a natural science. In Greek, the present tense of the verb to be (einai) involves continuing activity. It is not surprising then that in Aristotle's system, substances kept changing their form like a baby growing in the womb. He knew he could not invent a natural science without finding something changeless, so he claimed an underlying invisible thing (hypokeimenon) does not change. Fifteen hundred years later, Catholic friars adjusted Aristotle's system to fit the Bible. Aristotle's underlying thing became Latin subiectum. Eventually new Latin nouns for being and essence morphed into the western tradition that the essence of substance is changeless. Over the centuries, westerners contrived operational definitions for matter, time, energy, a measuring system and mathematical laws based on this assumption. Richard Dawkins is a believer. His scientific structure is founded upon a fundamental creed - that matter is not naturally and continually changing itself.

      Richard Dawkins rejects ancient genealogies and earth histories because of his faith in atomic perpetual motion, with which he measures undetectable things like time. The Bible mentions the shattering of a planet and close passages, as all ancient people did - 3,000 years ago. Indeed we find thousands of shattered planet pieces circling our Sun. They contain crystals formed under volcanic conditions and rocks formed in warm water (cubanite). It is easier to believe that asteroids formed from space dust over billions of years than to accept any evidence that violates the scientific dogma that all things (matter, orbits and years) stay the same.

      The book of Job describes dinosaurs living in the Jordan river. Job, who lived 4,000 years ago, claims that the sea (Hebrew west dried) during the few days of their lives (Job 14). Indeed the Mediterranean dried repeatedly leaving stromatolite, gypsum and salt alternating with layers of plankton skeletons. Rivers around the Mediterranean incised deep canyons to thousands of meters below the present sea level. These are clear evidences for geological eons. Job explained how their faces changed (doubled) before they died. Indeed we find the skulls of the old ones with thick brows. If we lived for geological ages, we would grow heavy Neanderthal brows, but our young grandchildren would not have the same face-shapes, as the fossil record shows. It is easier for Dawkins to invent quasi humans than to accept that our early ancestors lived for geological ages as Job and the pagan poets recorded.

      Ancient Greek historians mention that the sun (Hellios) dried the sea. They also mention planetary catastrophes that rained destruction upon the earth during historical times. They claimed floods devastated the coastal cities during close encounters with planet gods. Every ancient society remembers the great years when close encounters caused great catastrophes on Earth. These do not fit Dawkins' model of reality, that the being of all things remains the same.

      Richard Dawkins also cannot accept the geological history of our planet. The Bible states that the earth spreads out in unbroken continuity. Indeed, the continents fit together on a tiny globe, a fraction of its modern size, without major surface seas. New seafloor oozes out along a global expansion seam, which exactly fits the biblical record. It is easier to believe in that the earth swallows it crust, than to believe the visible evidence that the earth continues to increase in size.

      The Bible states that the days and years of the son are shorter and worse than the days and years of the fathers. It states that God continues to form the Sun, Moon and stars and continues to place them in the spreading place. For two thousand years, astronomers have recorded a decreasing solar parallax. Spreading orbits are by nature accelerating, relative to previous orbital configurations. However, what the ancients recorded (such as larger planet diameters) does not fit the dogma that all things remain the same upon which linear time ideas are based.

      There is a simple way to test between the biblical principle (that the creation is enslaved to change) and the scientific faith (that the essence of substance is changeless). There is only one place where we can see natural history, as it happened long ago. We see galactic histories to the creation era. According to the Bible, God calls the stars to come out in unbroken continuity and none go missing. He spreads out the plural heavens from dense things into fine things. We observe jets and strings of star globs emerging from the tiny core of ancient galaxies. As the stars come out, they continue to change their light frequencies, the space matter takes up and their inertial properties. Billions of galaxies grew into huge growth spirals, which supports a biblical creation and biblical cosmic history. Scientists have invented a mathematical universe that is 99% invisible to protect their faith in atomic perpetual motion upon which their empirical laws are based. Carefully examine Richard Dawkins' creed, the notion that the essence of all substance is changeless.

      God promises that at some point He will make foolish the wise of this age. Huge telescopes are even now examining cosmic history. What is visible fits biblical creation and cosmic history and contradicts the faith of all scientists that the essence of substance is changeless. Look!

      http://www.godsriddle.info/2013/01/richard-dawkins-faith.html

      The picture of the relative ages of the sea floor is from NOAA and Eliott Lim. At one point the eastern Mediterranean (the purple part) was the only surface ocean on our planet. At that point the Red Sea had not yet spread apart nor had western Europe yet separated from Africa. The continents only fit together on a tiny globe. The Bible states three times that the Earth spreads out in unbroken continuity.