RE: [creation_evolution_debate] Re: STILL No Scientific Principles from ID (11/24/12)

  • Dave Oldridge
    Message 1 of 92 , Dec 3, 2012

      From: creation_evolution_debate@yahoogroups.com [mailto:creation_evolution_debate@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Phillip Dillar
      Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2012 5:31 AM
      To: creation_evolution_debate@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [creation_evolution_debate] Re: STILL No Scientific Principles from ID (11/24/12)

      Phillip:  Now, as I see it, natural selection is a conservative process, random mutation is a destructive process, recombination produces species level adaptation and inheritance gives the next generation the same information as the previous generation.  All of those are as much related to ID as to evolutionism.

      Natural selection is a specifying process.  It specifies which variations become most ubiquitous in the next generation.  Mutations are not invariably destructive,  They are changes.  It can be shown that a certain small percentage of mutations are present in most viable individuals of any species.  These are what natural selection works on all the time, so that when one comes along that IS an improvement, it is more likely to be propagated.  In short, you are wrong,  Inheritance gives each new generation information that its parents did not possess.  Even if most of that is deadly, there are always exceptions.  Those who deny these facts are lying, either about the facts or about knowing them.

      --

      Dave Oldridge

    • SH
      Message 92 of 92 , Dec 22, 2012
        Tin: I've been asking the IDers out there for
        a list of scientific principles or processes
        that IDer's use to understand, predict and
        explain biological change and the history
        of life on earth.

        Here is what we have so far:

        ?