GREVIOUSLY TOO HYPOTHERICAL?

  • Laurie Appleton
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2012
      LA>  Darwin got some things right!  For example he admitted in a letter to a colleague im 1858 the following;
      -----------------------------------

           "You will be greatly disappointed (by the forthcoming
      book); it will be grievously too hypothetical. It will very
      likely be of no other service than collocating some facts;
      though I myself think I see my way approximately on the
      origin of the species. But, alas, how frequent, how almost
      universal it is in an author to persuade himself of the
      truth of his own dogmas."

       (Charles Darwin, 1858, in a letter to a colleague regarding
      the concluding chapters of his Origin of Species. As
      quoted in "John Lofton's Journal", The Washington Times,
      8 February 1984.)
      ================

      Laurie.

      "No wonder paleontologists shied away from evolution for so long. It never seems to happen."
      (Niles Eldredge, famous Punk-eek evolutionist, 1995)

    • dinohunter72
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2012
        --- In creation_evolution_debate@yahoogroups.com, "Laurie Appleton" <lappleto@...> wrote:

        > LA> Darwin got some things right! For example he admitted in a letter to a colleague im 1858 the following;
        > -----------------------------------
        >
        > "You will be greatly disappointed (by the forthcoming
        > book); it will be grievously too hypothetical. It will very
        > likely be of no other service than collocating some facts;
        > though I myself think I see my way approximately on the
        > origin of the species. But, alas, how frequent, how almost
        > universal it is in an author to persuade himself of the
        > truth of his own dogmas."
        >
        > (Charles Darwin, 1858, in a letter to a colleague regarding
        > the concluding chapters of his Origin of Species. As
        > quoted in "John Lofton's Journal", The Washington Times,
        > 8 February 1984.)
        > ================
        >

        > Laurie.
        >
        > "No wonder paleontologists shied away from evolution for so long. It never seems to happen."
        > (Niles Eldredge, famous Punk-eek evolutionist, 1995)

        DINOHUNTER: The fact that you are stuck on what Darwin wrote over 150 years ago is a strong indicator of how weak your position is. But by far the stongest indicator is your inability to provide evidence supporting your silly claims.
      • Laurie Appleton
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2012

          Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2012 6:23 PM
          Subject: [creation_evolution_debate] Re: GREVIOUSLY TOO HYPOTHERICAL?

          --- In creation_evolution_debate@yahoogroups.com, "Laurie Appleton" <lappleto@...> wrote:

          > LA> Darwin got some things right! For example he admitted in a letter to a colleague im 1858 the following;
          > -----------------------------------
          >
          > "You will be greatly disappointed (by the forthcoming
          > book); it will be grievously too hypothetical. It will very
          > likely be of no other service than collocating some facts;
          > though I myself think I see my way approximately on the
          > origin of the species. But, alas, how frequent, how almost
          > universal it is in an author to persuade himself of the
          > truth of his own dogmas."
          >
          > (Charles Darwin, 1858, in a letter to a colleague regarding
          > the concluding chapters of his Origin of Species. As
          > quoted in "John Lofton's Journal", The Washington Times,
          > 8 February 1984.)
          >

          > Laurie.
          >
          > "No wonder paleontologists shied away from evolution for so long. It never seems to happen."
          > (Niles Eldredge, famous Punk-eek evolutionist, 1995)

          DINOHUNTER: The fact that you are stuck on what Darwin wrote over 150 years ago is a strong indicator of how weak your position is. But by far the stongest indicator is your inability to provide evidence supporting your silly claims.

          No virus found in this message.