Super Sunday

  • Pastor Bruce Wells
    Message 1 of 172 , Feb 1, 2009
      Today is Super Sunday, the Sunday football fans look forward to all
      year. This year the Arizona Cardinals play the Pittsburgh Steelers to
      see who will be victorious in the Super Bowl. It's an exciting time
      for millions of people.

      But while you're celebrating the victory of your favorite team on
      Sunday, don't forget to acknowledge the One who attained ultimate
      victory on the cross. As Christians, we glory in the cross, the
      ultimate demonstration of the depth of God's love for us. Jesus died
      on the cross to deal with the universal and incurable problem of our
      souls: sin. The answer to that problem came from the lips of Jesus
      Himself: "The Son of Man [must] be lifted up, that whoever believes
      in Him should not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:14-
      15). "Lifted up" refers to Christ's crucifixion on the cross. In
      order to cure the incurable, Christ hung on the cross and paid the
      penalty for our sins.

      Jesus then explained the meaning of the cross: "For God so loved the
      world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in
      Him should not perish but have everlasting life" (John 3:16). The
      cross not only brought victory over sin, it brought victory over
      death! The cross has the power to bring everlasting life to everyone
      who trusts in Jesus Christ. The victory was won over 2,000 years ago.
      You don't need to do anything to earn it; you must only accept this
      gracious gift.

      By now, tickets to the Super Bowl are outrageously expensive.
      Scalpers are asking hundreds, even thousands of dollars for the
      chance to see a game that will last only a few hours. If you can't
      attend, you'll be able to watch it in the comfort of your own home
      and eat some great snacks!

      The beauty of the victory of the cross is that salvation is free to
      us, but it cost the Father everything. If you haven't already, accept
      God's invitation to attend His super party, the wedding supper of the
      Lamb. It's your ticket to eternal life and your key to ultimate
      victory.

      In His strong love,

      Bruce

      Matthew 22:37
    • green3jeans
      Message 172 of 172 , Feb 9, 2009
        --- In creation_evolution_debate@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Oldridge"
        <doldridg@...> wrote:

        > On 8 Feb 2009 at 11:02, Gabor Horvath wrote:
        >
        > > Gabor:
        > > I agree Russ, that we need to turn to self evidences here. I
        went

        > Usually, when I read or hear the phrase "self-evident" it is in
        > connection with something very contentious.
        >

        > --
        >
        > Dave Oldridge
        > ICQ 454777283
        > VA7CZ

        Russ:
        I would generally agree, Dave. In past conversations here, it has
        been a means to ignore the lack of evidences for certain things.