Re: Why most Darwinists don't talk to Ed

  • physisvnomos
    Message 1 of 109 , Dec 1, 2007
      --- In creation_evolution_debate@yahoogroups.com, "solemiochef"
      <tmeloche6@...> wrote:

      > --- In creation_evolution_debate@yahoogroups.com, "physisvnomos"
      > <physisvnomos@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In
      > creation_evolution_debate@yahoogroups.com, "swimmingkangaroo"
      > > <debatebill@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > --- In creation_evolution_debate@yahoogroups.com, "Ed"

      > sorry
      > should
      > > not
      > you
      > > > where
      > > possible
      > would
      > > not
      > > > be
      > own
      > > > little
      > > > >
      > > > Dindy: You don't upset us dear. We all think of you as a joke.
      > >
      > > Not all of us, Dindy.
      > > Perhaps you have read "Don Quixote de la Mancha"? The title
      > character
      > > is certainly not a joke. I am not calling Ed "Don Quixote" but
      > there
      > > a certain dignity in his effort which should cause us not to
      regard
      > > him as a joke, and the same is true of Cervantes' heroe.
      > >
      > > Timothy E. Kennelly
      > >

      > A "certain dignity"?
      >
      > Willful ignorance and blatant dishonesty has a "certain dignity"?
      >
      > Stomping on the Ten Commandments (he claims to uphold), and bearing
      > false witness, has a "certain dignity"?
      >
      > Holding others to a higher standard than he himself can attain has
      > a "certain dignity"?
      >
      > Systematically listing anyone who disagrees with him then commiting
      > libel has a "certain dignity"?
      >
      > Wow. I wonder if Cervantes would agree with the comparison of Don
      > Quixote and Ed. I know that I haven't read anything even that
      > ridiculous from ed himself.

      Have you read Cervantes, Mr. Solemiochef?

      Timothy E. Kennelly
    • Bill Robinson
      Message 109 of 109 , Dec 6, 2007
        BR: Instead what is important for morality is what the process of natural
        selection has created in giving rise to homo sapiens. Our morality is
        derived from what we are - a highly social, highly intelligent primate. And
        what we are is the result of natural selection, sexual selection, and
        genetic drift - in other words evolution.

        LA> Did you forget that most evolutionists say that there is nothing special
        about humans and that we are just a different sort of an animal, in the same
        way as every animal is just different to every other one!

        --------

        Did I say anything about us being special, about us not being a different
        sort of animal? If so, please point it out.

        E Bill

        --------------

        BR: So, in short, the process of evolution tells us how we became what we
        are,
        but it cannot be the basis of morality. After all it also gave rise to
        crocodiles and cows yet these two do not act the same. If they did one or
        both would quickly go extinct. Instead they each act according to what they
        are as crocodiles and cows.

        BR: That is what our morality is based on Laurie, the what we are not the
        how we got there.

        LA> In other words you just don't know do you? Crocodiles and cows do what
        crocodiles and cows do and people do what people do and chooks do what
        chooks do and it all came about by evolution, you seem to be saying, as well
        as trying to say that the way all things act has nothing to do with
        evoloution.

        LA> The word for your argument is therefore you are simply talking confusion
        and and trying to call that science. As Dindy has said, you just love an
        argument. Apparently you have no real interest in the facts and truth of the
        matter!

        Laurie.

        ------

        And you apparantly love dancing. You apparently cannot distinguish between
        a process and the result of the process. The process of natural selection,
        sexual selection, genetic drift - evolution - created our species homo
        sapiens. It gave rise to a highly social, highly intelligent species. In
        doing so certain behaviors and traits that helped to promote the suvival of
        a social intelligent species were selected from. To try to use the process
        of natural selection to determine moral behavior instead of what that
        process created - a social animal - is a large mistake.

        And speaking of truth and facts Laurie, who wrote the letter to Biosciences?
        What does Paul Davies believe about Darwinian evolution? Do millions of
        Christians support Darwinian evolution? Can a evolutionary scientist be an
        evangelical Christian and support Darwinian evolution? In answering these
        remember there are facts that have been posted on each of these numerous
        times Laurie. Lets see how much integrity you have. My bet is you'll
        dance.

        E Bill

        E Bill