Ed Admits He Doesn't Know What Is True - Re: EBill on truth

  • Randy Raymond
    Message 1 of 167 , Nov 1, 2007
      --- In creation_evolution_debate@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Crum"
      <randy_crum@...> wrote:

      > >> Ed:
      > >> The issue is that the very concept "truth" cannot
      > >> exist without an omniscient God.
      >
      > > Drew:
      > > Ed confuses concepts with existence. A concept
      > > can exist without any particular instance of what
      > > the concept refers to existing. We can have the
      > > concept of a unicorn without their being any actual
      > > unicorns. In the same way, we can have the concept
      > > of "truth" without our ever knowing if "truth"
      > > actually exists.
      >
      > I haven't been following this discussion too closely
      > (because it involves Ed), but as far as I can tell
      > this is a valid summary.
      >
      > 1. Ed insists that truth can only exist if there is an
      > omniscient God.
      >
      > 2. No one else on this forum believes that truth can
      > only exist if there is an omniscient God.
      >
      > 3. There is no evidence that any objective human
      > outside of this forum defines "truth" as requiring
      > the existence of an omniscient God.
      >
      > 4. There is not a single dictionary definition of
      > "truth" that says that "truth" requires the existence
      > of an omniscient God.
      >
      > Conclusion: Ed stands alone in his insistence that
      > truth can only exist if there is an omniscient God.
      >
      > 5. Ed insists that everyone else is wrong.
      >
      > Conclusion: Ed is demonstrating that he is a delusional
      > crackpot.
      >
      > Is that a reasonable summary?
      >
      > Randy C.

      Randy R:

      I believe Ed has his own special definition of the word "truth". It
      is evidently defined as "that which can only be known if God exists".
    • swimmingkangaroo
      Message 167 of 167 , Feb 3, 2008
        --- In creation_evolution_debate@yahoogroups.com, "Laurie Appleton"
        <lappleto@...> wrote:

        > > Dindy: We watched it because it was the only thing on Saturday
        night
        > > before the good stuff came on and we liked the jokes (We were
        > kids, okay? Kids love corny jokes.)
        > >

        > > LA> Well here is one. (If I can remember it correctly). The 80
        > year old chap was having his regular check up and the Doctor
        asked
        > him how he has been. The reply was that he never felt better. He
        had
        > married a georgeous 20 year old girl and she was expecting his
        baby.

        > > LA> The doctor said, "let me tell you a story. There was an old
        > chap about your age who mistakenly took his walking stick with
        him
        > instead of his gun when he want out looking for Beavers to shoot.
        > When he spotted a great specimen he realised that he has the
        stick
        > instead of the gun, but in any case he pointed the stick at the
        > animal and said Bang, Bang!
        > >
        > > LA> Much to his surprise the animal dropped dead. Then the
        > doctor asked the old man. "What do you think is the explanation
        for
        > that?
        > >
        > > LA> The old man said that there must have been another person
        > that did the actual shooting and the doctor said, perhaps that is
        how
        > it happened with your wife also!!!
        > >

        > Dindy: I doubt that one was ever on Hee-Haw, dear.
        >
        > LA> Sorry. My sense of humor is perhaps more English than
        American! However, here is another that might also lack the "Hee-
        Haw" rating as well.

        > LA> A dying husband said to his wife at his hospital bedside,
        that since he was dying would she tell him truly if that last of
        their six children was REALLY his, since the child was so ugly. The
        wife said, since you are dying my darling, and if you must know, the
        truth is that he was your ONLY child!

        Dindy: Hmmm- not corny enough for Hee-Haw and not risque enough for
        Monty Python-- you're just not having any luck Laurie dear.