My red P. Clarkii is holding! Need Advise!

  • Robyn Adams
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
      Hello, I discovered that my Red P. Clarkii is holding the other day! I was very excited,
      as this is my first time to have a crayfish holding. Should I remove the male, then the
      female after she releases them? What do I feed them? Thank you.

      Robyn

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
        Hi Robyn

        Congrats on the berry! It is a good idea to separate the female into a
        tank that has very little substrate or none at all. Then when the
        little ones hatch, it will be easy to remove them. Provide plenty of
        hiding places for the young ones and you can feed algae waffers.

        cheers
        Crusty
        www.crayfishmates.com

      • Robyn Adams