A few more bugs

  • Linley Robert Henzell
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 1999
      I've found a couple more bugs:

      a) the see invisible mutation (acute eyesight) does nothing. A
      check needs to be added to player_see_invis in player.cc.

      b) wield_change is not set to 1 after a wielded wand has been
      recharged (sorry if this has been noticed before)

      Linley
    • Brent Ross
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 1999
        // From: "Linley Robert Henzell"<linley.henzell@...>
        //
        // I've found a couple more bugs:
        //
        // a) the see invisible mutation (acute eyesight) does nothing. A
        // check needs to be added to player_see_invis in player.cc.

        Done.

        // b) wield_change is not set to 1 after a wielded wand has been
        // recharged (sorry if this has been noticed before)

        This is already fixed. I've recharged a few wands in my game and its
        always updated.

        Been working on changing the skill point system. The scale has been
        boosted an order of maginitude (and likewise, a standard "exercise"
        gets you 10 points). Manuals had to be adjusted, as did throwing weapons
        (as the number of practises required for the same effect has risen so it
        was a bit unfair to require five times the shots (with expendable ammo)
        for the same effect... so I special cased them)... partial learning is
        also possible. It seems to be working, as I regularly have lots of xp in
        the pool with my level 27 character. In fact sometimes it seems a lot
        like phase two, so I'm thinking that the maximum spent limit might have
        to be raised a bit. Especially considering that this is only going to
        make phase two worse (in that it will make it harder to get rid of xp at
        that point). I'm still not sure that Linley's idea of raising the curve
        will help with that, as the curve pretty much hits the maximum for even
        low-level skills at about the same time. We might have to tweak the
        monster xp function to keep the xp gains from the monsters that you're
        likely to be killing in phase two down. Comments?

        Brent
      • Daniel Ligon
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 26, 2000
          This is the last set I'll send in from the December 18 snapshot.

          a) The Amulet of Cekugob does not stop one from teleporting when one
          has the teleport mutation.

          b) I entered Hell from level 22. When I exited Hell I was placed on
          dungeon level 27.

          c) When I returned to Hell, I was placed on one of the down stairwells.

          d) Remove which piece of jewellery?
          That isn't a piece of jewellry.

          e) Oops, that ring feels deathly cold.
          B - a cursed amulet of the gourmand (around neck)

          --
          Daniel Ligon makmorn@...

          We are in the hands of infinite power and infinite sadism.
          -- _Inferno_
        • Daniel Ligon
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 7, 2001
            This is from the December 29 snapshot. I'm playing an Air Mage.

            a) When I cast Static Discharge, I get occasional fails of the ASSERT
            on line 419 of spells4.cc:

            for (int i = 0; i < targs_found; i++)
            {
            ASSERT( targs[i].x && targs[i].y );
            func( targs[i].x, targs[i].y, divided_power, 0 );
            }

            b) When I use the Sif Muna granted ability of Selective Amnesia, I hit
            an array bounds assert in seekspell() -- which is exactly:

            return &spelldata[plyrspell_list[spell]];

            The value of spell is 210 (SPELL_NO_SPELL), and so plyrspell_list[]
            goes out of bounds (it is not protected by the Fix[Ary|Vec] stuff)
            which then triggers spelldata[] going out of bounds.

            c) I swung my Staff of Air:

            You miss the imp.
            You miss the imp.the imp is jolted.
            You are wielding a staff of air.

            d) I'm wearing an amulet of the gourmand, but I never seem to get labelled
            as being Full (or Engorged).

            e) Not a bug, but an annoyance. I had a character get stuck in the
            Orcish Mines. He stepped on a teleport trap, which moved him to an
            area with only a stairwell down. That stairwell lead to an area with
            no other stairwells. There are no teleport traps in either area, and
            the character has no way to teleport or dig. I guess I can hope for
            a boring beetle.

            -daniel