Re: [crawl-dev] A couple of fixes and a run patch

  • Jeff Bay
    Message 1 of 26 , Sep 1, 2005
      > Bug: In view.cc, monsters disturb the player's running. To keep the
      > player's first turn of running from being disturbed, the code tests if

      Speaking of which, why is it that I can't have safe move not move me at
      all when there is a monster of any kind on the screen? It hurts the main
      feature of crawl, that I can move quickly until I find a monster and then
      start making decisions. In particular, as my stealth increases, I have to
      move slower and slower to prevent getting too far into range of a monster
      I didn't notice, even using safe move, which strikes me as being merely
      annoying and slowing down my game play.

      I'd like the run command to enable me to explore lightning pace without
      penalty. This would be shift numpad only moves if I'm not in any
      perceivable danger (visible monsters, would step onto a trap, or hit
      something interesting). Is it really an important artifact of the game
      that I am required to abandon fast movement as soon as my characters begin
      to get into the more dangerous areas of the dungeon? This has been
      something I've wondered about a lot of roguelikes.

      --
      We have tamed lightning and now use it to make sand think.
      Jeff Bay (469) 867-0370 jlb0170@...