stupidity-check feature request

  • Jeremy W. Murphy
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2004
      howdy,

      just a little request for future versions of Crawl...

      That when you remove armour or un-wield a weapon, it checks whether doing
      so will result in instant death (from lowering a stat to zero), and asks
      the same question as before walking into deep water: Are you sure you want
      to do that??

      Thanks, cheers.

      Jeremy
    • coweringbeef
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 10, 2004
        Yep,
        also when you target an attack spell/wand at yourself.
        Also, when you step into a teleport trap, it should require you hit
        spacebar to continue.

        Theres another bug in my head...lemme remember...
        Yes, its shadow creatures.
        I think it was this- when you cast it in the vaults, some critters
        that can occur, like trolls get hostile if you damage them.
        Then, they give you xp AND leave a corpse.
        This is abusable bigtime. Infinite xp, corpses.
        Its also no risk as all your other summons will smack the troll
        immediately.
        I think you can do this in the hall of blades too, infinite xp.
        I think is works too for nagas in snakepit.
        All shadow critters should=no xp, no corpse.

        When is the next crawl coming?

        --- In crawl-dev@yahoogroups.com, "Jeremy W. Murphy" <jwmurphy@u...>
        wrote:

        > howdy,
        >
        > just a little request for future versions of Crawl...
        >
        > That when you remove armour or un-wield a weapon, it checks whether
        doing
        > so will result in instant death (from lowering a stat to zero), and
        asks
        > the same question as before walking into deep water: Are you sure
        you want
        > to do that??
        >
        > Thanks, cheers.
        >
        > Jeremy
      • Jeremy W. Murphy
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 11, 2004
          At 04:09 PM 11/06/2004, you wrote:
          >Yep,
          >also when you target an attack spell/wand at yourself.
          >Also, when you step into a teleport trap, it should require you hit
          >spacebar to continue.

          Yeah, I agree, though I think it should also be very configurable for the
          user. Cheers.

          Jeremy