And there there were ...

  • great_throwdini <yahoo@brodale.net>
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2003
      I'll admit to not being terribly active for my part
      the last three months or so, but I'm wondering what
      has happened with Crawl in the meantime?

      The last exchange I caught involved the rewrite of
      Crawl (aka Crawl 5.0), which is all well and good,
      but can anyone say for certain where things stand
      with the present, full incarnation of the game (as
      we know and love it - Crawl 4.0 beta whatever)?

      I know that Brent was working hard on it many, many
      months past, but I haven't seen him post to the list
      at any point in the recent past. Has work stalled on
      the current beta? Brent, are you out there? Are the
      changes he mentioned since the last public "release"
      lost?

      Basically, I hope someone or someones can provide a
      status report on development - for at least Crawl 4
      but also Crawl 5. Maybe we can get this train back
      on the tracks and running again with a full(er) head
      of steam.

      Who's out there? Who's interested? Have I somehow
      missed something in the last few months that would
      solve this mystery for me?

      Returning to the fold,

      -don
    • Brent Ross <bwross@calum.csclub.uwaterlo
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2003
        --- In crawl-dev@yahoogroups.com, "great_throwdini <yahoo@b...>"
        <yahoo@b...> wrote:
        > I know that Brent was working hard on it many, many
        > months past, but I haven't seen him post to the list
        > at any point in the recent past. Has work stalled on
        > the current beta? Brent, are you out there? Are the
        > changes he mentioned since the last public "release"
        > lost?

        Still working on it... I've been pretty busy since last
        December, but still have been managing at least a few hours
        a week. The last few days I've been going through a rather
        long bug list that a player sent me. I suppose I should
        put out a release soon... it's just not too stable right
        now. I'll backtrack out the serious changes and try to put
        something up.

        > Who's out there? Who's interested? Have I somehow
        > missed something in the last few months that would
        > solve this mystery for me?

        Yeah, there haven't been much in the way of bug reports
        for me to talk about recently, so I've been quiet. I
        suppose people really do need to play the new code before
        I'll see many more.

        Brent
      • Jesse Jones
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 6, 2003
          At 6:55 AM +0000 2/5/03, great_throwdini <yahoo@...> wrote:
          >Basically, I hope someone or someones can provide a
          >status report on development - for at least Crawl 4
          >but also Crawl 5. Maybe we can get this train back
          >on the tracks and running again with a full(er) head
          >of steam.

          I'm still working on Crawl 5. A lot has been done, but there's still
          a lot left to do. I'm hoping to finish up the next milestone in the
          next week or two. I'll post a message with more details then. In the
          meantime you can check out
          <http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/crawl5/Crawl/Source/>
          if you want to take a look at the source.

          -- Jesse