(buglet?) 4.0.0 beta 24 / Win32 - Character Naming

  • d.brodale
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2002
      Terribly minor, but I'm wondering why ...

      Hello, welcome to Dungeon Crawl 4.0.0 beta 24f!
      (c) Copyright 1997-2001 Linley Henzell
      Please consult crawl.txt for instructions and legal details.

      Press <Enter> to answer this after race and class are chosen.

      What is your name today? Methea-03
      Alpha-numerics and underscores only, please.

      ... dashes are disallowed?

      Am I overlooking something obvious here w/r/t
      a platform-specific issue surrounding the use
      of this particular character?

      -don

      ps The copyright date given above should see
      extension to 2002, I think.

      pps Instructions are contained in crawl.txt,
      but legal details are largely confined to
      license.txt (barring a disclaimer) -- though
      the former does reference the latter.