Re: Pre 17

  • lipford@ca.ibm.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 1, 2001
      --- In crawl-dev@y..., mattnmaggie@e... wrote:
      > The missles travel real slowly on my computer (DOS binary

      Ugh.. is the Windows version any better? The Windows version
      of beta 17 isn't so bad on Win98 (try both windowed and full-
      screen) IIRC from my testing.

      > What's worse, spells like 'paralyze', 'banish' and 'slow' that just
      > use the beam code to see what they hit now display a buggy-looking
      > black beam, slowly inching across the screen to hit their target.

      I should probably fix that... no need to render enchantment 'beams',
      really.

      > There should probably be a initfile option for both quick-missles

      Like, not drawing them at all? Is that what you mean?

      The trails-off is actually pretty hard to get right; as a minor display annoyance it won't make beta 18. Sorry.

      Cheers,

      Gordon