Re: fresh observations

  • Gordon Lipford
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2001
      Hi Dan!

      > a) I hit a giant spore with a bolt of poison flame, and the critter
      > didn't explode. It just disappeared.

      Hmm.. never checked that side of the code, only the bits in the
      monster control code. Will have a peek since I think I understand
      how that is supposed to work now. :)

      > c) The Spriggan has strength 10 and dexterity 21. When he
      > wields a bow or crossbow, I get the message: ...

      We probably shoudn't issue any message when wielding a launcher -
      Brent's new code has no effect on missile combat, AFAIK.

      > I don't think strength has any effect with crossbow

      Correct.

      > and probably doesn't effect bows.

      Nope - bows and slings benefit from strength, but it's capped
      depending on the magical damage bonus (you need an extraordinarily
      strong bow for a 25 strength character to use to full effect without
      breaking it!).

      A couple more for the bug list, anyway. Thanks!

      Gordon
    • mannix
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2001
        On Mon, 1 Jan 2001, Gordon Lipford wrote:

        > A couple more for the bug list, anyway. Thanks!

        Gordon --

        Did you ever get the "data point" for Windows ME? I'm asking
        those who have recently contacted me about the screen redraw
        issues what platform they happen to be using ... for now, I'm
        still getting a lot of "screen redraws slow" reports -- guess
        they're all on 95/98.

        Oh, well. :)

        -don
      • Gordon Lipford
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2001
          --- In crawl-dev@egroups.com, mannix <lar@b...> wrote:
          Hi Don!

          > Did you ever get the "data point" for Windows ME?

          No, I don't have access to Windows ME. Was hoping that Chris would
          post his observations from his dual boot box.

          > for now, I'm
          > still getting a lot of "screen redraws slow" reports -- guess
          > they're all on 95/98.

          Almost certainly. Even the slowest boxes have lightning fast screen
          redraw if they're running Windows NT/2000.

          :P

          Cheers,

          Gordon