Er, do I post it here?

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2000
      Hello, I'm not sure if I should be posting bug reports here, but if
      I'm not then hopefully I'll be told where to go... be nice.

      I'm playing a basic troll warrior/gladiator (I forget which at the
      moment.) and I've had a number of levels that has had a hallway that
      leads to the end of the screen. I can always return, but it seems
      that I can't go any farther, even though the walls are there?

      Other item, and this could be my lack of knowledge more than a bug,
      but I've been sent to the maze a few times. I've taken out the
      critter there, but have never found the gate/stairs back. If it's
      not a but, a helpful hint here would be wonderful.

      One other item that is more a question/comment. Playing the trolls
      I'm having a great time, but I'm pretty frustrated with their lack of
      armor usage. Thus far I've found only three areas that they can use
      armor. Robes/skins, cloaks and shields. This could be by design,
      but it's a huge limiting factor with all the different pieces of
      armor and their inability to use any of them.

      And finally to end on a good note...
      I've love what has been done with the coloring, the autopickup and
      the automatic door opening. This is *very* useful and as a user I
      truly do appreciate the effort here. (It would still be nice to be
      able to pick up gold when your slots are full but I'm not going to
      complain.)

      I don't have a compiler so the latest source is unable for me, so if
      any of these areas are fixed forgive my ignorance.

      Thank you for the opportunity to post this note and your openess in
      the development of this game.

      Have a good weekend.

      SVL
    • mannix
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2000
        On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Scott wrote:

        > And finally to end on a good note...
        > I've love what has been done with the coloring, the autopickup and
        > the automatic door opening. This is *very* useful and as a user I
        > truly do appreciate the effort here. (It would still be nice to be
        > able to pick up gold when your slots are full but I'm not going to
        > complain.)

        Argh. I haven't checked the latest dev source (but I will
        this weekend), but is this still the case? If so, can Gordon
        please put it in the bug queue as something to fix for the
        upcoming release of 3.*cough* ???

        -don